Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

I don't know about all this generalization of artists. Do they all go stiff when the recording light goes on? How did Joni Mitchell manage Hissing of Summer Lawns if that were true? Can you imagine Bessie Smith getting stiff because a recording light came on? I can't imagine Freddy Mercury as the type that needed pep talks and a service animal to sing Bohemian Rhapsody or seasoned session musicians suddenly getting microphone shy.
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:44 am
jules99 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:31 pm If it would be nothing, there would be a DAW already with background audio recording.
There are. Tracktion Waveform has it since quite some time, Digital Performer has added it with 11.

Logic does this as well. They call it quick punch-in.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

melomood wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:16 pm I don't know about all this generalization of artists. Do they all go stiff when the recording light goes on? How did Joni Mitchell manage Hissing of Summer Lawns if that were true? Can you imagine Bessie Smith getting stiff because a recording light came on? I can't imagine Freddy Mercury as the type that needed pep talks and a service animal to sing Bohemian Rhapsody or seasoned session musicians suddenly getting microphone shy.
I guess it depends on the experience of the performer and the engineer. Some performers, record like if they were in a live show as that's what they feel the most comfortable with. However sometimes that isn't feasible if you want the best sound. Like everything people are adaptable and with time and experience they get over it but with lack of experience some people are jittery.

I record a local artist/friend and recording with him is like pulling teeth, he's always stopping midway even though I let him know I can punch in anywhere and to just keep going. It takes forever to record a few sentences. The best performances I've gotten from him was when he doesn't realize I'm recording him and he thinks he's just working things out. However I record everything because sometimes the magic is in the little things he doesn't realize he's doing.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:48 pm The best performances I've gotten from him was when he doesn't realize I'm recording him and he thinks he's just working things out. However I record everything because sometimes the magic is in the little things he doesn't realize he's doing.
This. :tu: Seems to be true for a lot of people. Sometimes I/we leave the room to do something else and just leave record on. Then when artist is ready he comes out by itself :wink:
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

11.1.5 has NOT solved the shortcut for VST plugins problem despite their claims that VST2 scanning will be fixed.
First there was no warning, that their update will remove this functionality and then false claims that it will be solved with the next bugfix.

Building trust and proving reliability takes years. But it can be destroyed quickly.

Barbarossa wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:47 pm 11.1.5 has NOT solved the shortcut for VST plugins problem despite their claims that VST2 scanning will be fixed.
First there was no warning, that their update will remove this functionality and then false claims that it will be solved with the next bugfix.

Building trust and proving reliability takes years. But it can be destroyed quickly.
Are you on Windows or Mac? There is a solution for shortcuts in Windows in the Ableton forums.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Barbarossa wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:47 pm 11.1.5 has NOT solved the shortcut for VST plugins problem
It IS fixed in 11.1.5. Don't talk trash.

Rivanni wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:48 pm
Barbarossa wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:47 pm 11.1.5 has NOT solved the shortcut for VST plugins problem
It IS fixed in 11.1.5. Don't talk trash.
Jungle kid, look:

live shortcuts.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hi All,

New Ableton Live 11 user here after years of Cubase.

quick question,

I like to use Nerve for drums, i have set nerve up on a MIDI track with a load of audio tracks and assigned the pads to the individual outputs of Nerve, then set up the "audio from" section for each audio track. It works fine.

Can i save this set up to load with all the audio tracks already to go? I dabbled with grouping and selected Nerve and all the audio tracks, grouped them but it did not seem to save properly, i may have missed a step.

any help would be great, thanks :)

humpo72 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:41 pm hi All,

New Ableton Live 11 user here after years of Cubase.

quick question,

I like to use Nerve for drums, i have set nerve up on a MIDI track with a load of audio tracks and assigned the pads to the individual outputs of Nerve, then set up the "audio from" section for each audio track. It works fine.

Can i save this set up to load with all the audio tracks already to go? I dabbled with grouping and selected Nerve and all the audio tracks, grouped them but it did not seem to save properly, i may have missed a step.

any help would be great, thanks :)
https://youtu.be/808ZKTk3r-o

Make a rack and then save it as a preset :party:

Edit: the example is with Microtonic, but the principle is the same
Always Read the Manual!

You have to save it as a template if you want to load it directly as it is...
Under "File" there are some template saving options and one says you can save it as a standard set which would then load whenever you start live...

Second method: you can drag your group track with everything inside to the browser and it will save this as a set as well which you can drag into any existing project too...

Are there any granular synths in the Ableton ecosystem that are mpe compatible? I believe Granulator II is not and I don' think Grain Scanner is either.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:34 pm Are there any granular synths in the Ableton ecosystem that are mpe compatible? I believe Granulator II is not and I don' think Grain Scanner is either.
https://granurise.com/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:47 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:34 pm Are there any granular synths in the Ableton ecosystem that are mpe compatible? I believe Granulator II is not and I don' think Grain Scanner is either.
https://granurise.com/
and that's along with the fact I have collaborators that use it, another reason to start using Live again. Looks fantastic, love the iPad integration. :love:

You can save just about anything for re-use in Live by dragging it to your user library. Including track groups with all the plugins. A notable exception is return tracks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”