Show and Tell - Your guitar(s)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:34 am thats beautiful :tu:
Thanks Hink. I think so too. :hug:

morelia wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:41 am I have 2 Strats. Not a single coil in sight. Is that heresy to anyone?
My first pickup upgrade I did to my strat was to install the "everything axe" set of humbuckers from seymour duncan. Just wanted a general duty guitar. problem was it could do any other tone, but my strat tone was just gone. Now I have the PRS for general duty, and I put good single coils back in the strat. Much better. and even the PRS does a better single coil tone than the seymours did when split.

The Tanglewood Discovery came in the post today ... sounds alright now I've changed the strings (the silver one's it came with were badly corroded).

tcc_tanglewood_discovery.jpg

It's a gift for a friend who's currently learning to play :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IMG_20211212_191821-02.jpeg
I've been keeping an eye on the 2nd hand market here for something nice, and this one checked all my boxes. Natural finish, humbuckers and a big, heavy body. It's a late 90's Bacchus Live Road, (hand)MIJ single piece mahogany body with a bookmatched maple top. Motor City Black Belt PAF-style pickups. Sweet and solid, plays like a dream :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice! Love Bacchus LPs.

Here are my current main axes. I've been playing electric a lot since I got Amplitube 5, recently pulled out one of my acoustics. Nice to go to a Martin D-28 after playing my Stanford CR-35 AV for months. My, the iPhone takes nice pics!
IMG_0075.jpeg
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

This is my Guild F-40E jumbo that I got in August, 2020. Sitka over mahogany, solid, made in the USofA. She's been tuned to DADGAD for a while, and I felt like the deep rumble this guitar gives when the 6th string is tuned down to a D.
So, just jammin, Kashmir, Nostradamus, She Moved Through The Fair, and just doing ragas with a D drone. Very soothing to my soul.
P1150622.jpeg
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

schwang!!!!

Yeah. I've got some nice gee-tars. :love: In the 'cheap vs expensive' thread, I mention that I tried at least 30 'great for the €€€' guitars, and they've all been sold or given away. You wouldn't believe how light that Guild is. Needed absolutely no work out of the box.
That Stanford up above is truly excellent, as well. The SG paid for that.
That SG looked bloody hot, but I never bonded with it—or an SG Junior I had for a number of years. No point keeping a guitar around just because it looks 'bloody hot.'
-Martin Luther King Jr.

aye, you got some lovely axes there eugene :tu:

yup, i dont have the same quality of guitars, or anywhere near as many :hihi: but the ones i still have, theyre special to me. there have been others, but they were one night stands, short flings here n there, not true love! :lol:

I've always seen my guitar buying nuttiness as sublimated promiscuity.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

:hihi: and its often been encouraged too! :o

:hihi:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Lovely guitars Bombadil :tu:

Thankee. I just wish I had someone to play them with.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”