Show and Tell - Your guitar(s)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:39 am
Bombadil wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:03 pm Thankee. I just wish I had someone to play them with.
I've had the same issue since moving up to the Borders ... and Covid doesn't help
There's a small scene in Berwick , but that's 20 odd miles away (on country roads)
I've started teaching a mate to play, but it'll be a while 'til he can play well enough to jam.

Here's a picture I found of me and my Tokai Breezysound taken in 1990 :)

dave_zip_91.jpg

I should never have sold that guitar ... :love:
I hope it works out for you! There's a guy, next building over, who plays piano. In 2020, he did little concerts for the neighbours during one of the lockdowns. Musical tastes may clash, though. I don't do Manilow.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Here are my classical guitars:
2018 Hanika 54PF (Palisander/Fichte, Rosewood/Spruce);
2007 Hanika 54 PC (Palisander/Cedar). All solid woods.

I bought the spruce top because I prefer the sharper attack of the spruce, although both are beautiful. Hanika is a German guitar builder, and they make great guitars. These are toward the lower-end of their line, but still not cheap. The cases in the background hold my Lakewood gits.
IMG_0159.jpeg
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

g206.jpg
From a live gig in 2013 (I'm somewhat greyer nowadays, and beardier too), but still in everyday use (the guitar that is). It's a PRS Santana SE which I customised the electronics on:

- I removed the volume control and soldered a resistor across the output for fixed volume

- I replaced the volume control with a toggle switch, so I can switch from the output of the 3 way pickup selector+tone control straight to bridge pickup in one go

- I subsequently (about 2-3 years ago?) did Craig Anderton's LED mod (https://craiganderton.org/transient-tamer-diy-project/) - to be honest, I'm not sure I can tell much difference, but I'm happy with the sound I'm getting now so...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Put Seymour Duncan '59s on this, my Stanford CR Marquee. Serious improvement across the board to the original pups. No muddiness, everything clear as a bell.
IMG_0172.jpeg
-Henry A. Wallace

Nice looking guitar! Does it have the Huberesque neck joint? I saw one advertised a while ago for silly money but had never heard of the Stanford brand at the time. They're from the Maybach family aren't they?

Yep, they're Maybach's Chinese models. Nitro-lacquer, which is really nice. If it been a cheaper model, it would've been like dipped in a vat of polyurathene.
Last April, I was looking for a semi-acoustic, but most of the cheap usual suspects were having logistics issues. Thought it over, decided to sell one to pay for the new one. It's a Stanford Crossroads 35 AV. Cost a bit, but it is my best electric axe. Come last Christmas, I decided to let go of another of my electrics that I never played, and bought the Marquee, above.
Both were perfect out of the box. The neck is fatter on the Marquee, kinda like a beefy old Gibson neck. The neck on the CR-35, is more of a gentle c, perfect for my hand. I see them going second hand, and I have to wonder why, because these are really good guitars. Switching out the pups takes the Marquis to the next level, though! :hyper:

No idea what kind of joint, long tenon, maybe.
-Henry A. Wallace

Sounds like a keeper then :tu:

The Huber neck joint is kind of the reverse of a "normal" joint with the neck overlapping the body. Looks a bit wrong but it's supposed to work well

Yes, it does! Access to the higher frets is easier.
-Henry A. Wallace

uh! forget it! Bloody spam filter. :evil:

Bombadil wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:43 pm Put Seymour Duncan '59s on this,
trying to say this is nice.

It is, thanks!
-Henry A. Wallace

fretboard wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:02 pm uh! forget it! Bloody spam filter. :evil:
5 posts should kill that :tu:

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:08 pm
fretboard wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:02 pm uh! forget it! Bloody spam filter. :evil:
All I did was quote the post above to comment on the guitar. Got hit with a SPAM filter!! :lol:

fretboard wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:09 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:08 pm
All I did was quote the post above to comment on the guitar. Got hit with a SPAM filter!! :lol:
You previously didn't have enough posts. You do now :)

indeed, and welcome aboard.

Return to “Guitars”