Developers like u-he, TAL, Valhalla and AudioThing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I currently own plugins from developers like u-he, TAL, Valhalla and AudioThing. I'm curious to see what other developers are on par with these smaller sized companies. What developers, instruments and effects would you recommend to someone owning synths and effects from the ones mentioned before?

Toneboosters, D16, Rob Papen

HY‐Plugins for sequencers

Klanghelm.

Xils Lab is pretty small and has a nice range of interesting instruments. I wait until they have sales though as they’re not cheap. They are offering PolyKB half price right now as they released a point upgrade and it’s one of my favourites. It’s based on the PolyKobol, as used by Jean Michel Jarre, which is very idiosyncratic and has some fun features like the animated physics style modulation matrix.

Although you need Kontakt to host their libraries I’d also recommend Sound Dust and Soniccouture.

On a completely different tack, I’d also look at VCV Rack which is a free virtual modular platform that offers about 2100 free and 250 commercial modules.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Tokyo Dawn Labs! You can find out their level of quality by using their free plugins.

Fuse Audio Labs.
https://fuseaudiolabs.de/
rsp
sound sculptist

Yep to all above , Tal ,klanghelm , toneboosters , vallhalla
There's a reason these are so highly regarded and imho the asking price for these plugins is way too low .
Especially Tal ,Talmod is a real gemstone , incredible quality .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

NERF_PROTOSS wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:24 pm Klanghelm.
And Klanghelm of course, yes.

Surreal Machines

^+1.

Sonic Charge; GForce; eaReckon; Madrona Labs.

Audio Damage, Audiority, Inear Display, Klevgrand, Glitchmachines ...

AAS
Pianoteq
Rob Papen
GG Audio
Martinic
Tone 2

From the size of how many are employed by the company, some might even consider Spectrasonics to still be small enough to be considered "boutique". (But it's doubtful I would recommend them to anyone anyway.)

That begs the question of what makes a company boutique?

Spectrasonics, LiquidSonics, Acustica Audio.

Edit, just read the post above. I think spectrasonics are a boutique company. They have very few products, all of which are excellent in both design and use and very few employees. You can’t not call them boutique because of success.

Roland
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”