(Electronic) Whirl

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whipped up a new, short tune using a new Reason RE - ES400 by Ekssperimental Sounds. If you're feeling fun and/or happy or want to be, lend your ears and give this a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/officialstrangers/whirl

As always open to any comments, likes, dislikes, criticism, etc.

Nice job, light fun rhythm. If it were me I might have added some backing parts in harmony for
a little more glue and complexity, that's just me though.

BTW those happy faces in the cover pic are somewhat reminiscent of the Titans from the Attack on Titan anime :P

enjoyable electronica. good mix, melody hooks and flow.
only quib, could be longer. regardless :tu: for what it be.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Great opening riff and sound -perfect!

Layers that join it are spot on as well - simple harmonies always work so well with repetitive patterns like this.

To me it feels like the first section of a longer more expansive piece...wanted it to carry on somewhere new and then return to the main riff, but maybe more dramatically to finish!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

pekbro wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:15 am Nice job, light fun rhythm. If it were me I might have added some backing parts in harmony for
a little more glue and complexity, that's just me though.

BTW those happy faces in the cover pic are somewhat reminiscent of the Titans from the Attack on Titan anime :P
Good call on adding in harmonies. I can't believe that thought didn't even cross my mind while working on this. That could have added a little extra flair in certain areas.

I did a quick google search to see what Attack on Titan is. You're totally right, I can see the similarities in the characters :lol:
layzer wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:30 am enjoyable electronica. good mix, melody hooks and flow.
only quib, could be longer. regardless :tu: for what it be.
Glad you liked it. The funny thing is this was originally a little bit longer. I ended up shortening the structure to keep interest. I sometimes tend to let sections go on longer than they should so I've been making a conscious effort to keep things on a tighter leash to hopefully keep people interested enough to listen fully rather than skip through. I know I tend to do that here and there.
ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:49 pm Great opening riff and sound -perfect!

Layers that join it are spot on as well - simple harmonies always work so well with repetitive patterns like this.

To me it feels like the first section of a longer more expansive piece...wanted it to carry on somewhere new and then return to the main riff, but maybe more dramatically to finish!
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still surprised it didn't even dawn on me to throw in some harmonies. Usually I would but was a missed thought/opportunity here. Watch my next song be harmony city.

I'm still surprised it didn't even dawn on me to throw in some harmonies. Usually I would but was a missed thought/opportunity here.
I get what you're on about here, but I didn't explain myself very well...I was praising your simple harmonies underneath the repetitive melodic patterns...i meant the underlying harmonies (chords)!:)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Return to “Music Cafe”