License Transfers (revised policies)

Official support for: u-he.com
Urs
u-he
25479 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:49 am

Hi,

as you are all aware, we allow free transfer of licenses after 9 months of ownership. For premature transfers we charge a small fee.

Recently there has been a surge in cases where licenses are transferred shortly after purchase, followed by cash back requests using “right to refund”. Possibly unethical behaviour. Therefore in future license transfers will only be possible after the “right to refund” has expired and credit card fraud alerts have been processed. That means six weeks after date of purchase.

In a nutshell, license transfers

- are free after 9 months of ownership
- are possible for a small fee after 6 weeks of ownership
- take up to six weeks to process before that, until all payments are ultimately cleared

Regards,

- Urs & team

KVRAF
1816 posts since 13 Sep, 2007

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:10 am

"take up to six weeks to process" :eek:
Image Murderous duck!

KVRian
1019 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:16 pm

That makes sense to me. Scammers always be scammin'

KVRer
28 posts since 5 Dec, 2019

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:49 am

Sounds fair to me!

KVRAF
6626 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:00 am

Sounds perfectly reasonable

Although I suspect if other less popular developers announced this there would be uproar :wink:
PC, BWS, Live and Studio One, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, MPC Live, A4 and RYTM, PT, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses

KVRian
544 posts since 4 Feb, 2017

Post Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:58 am

Urs wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:49 am
- take up to six weeks to process before that, until all payments are ultimately cleared
Can you explain this a little more?
Does it mean the buyer has to wait for six weeks before he/she gets the license I'm selling?
What payments needs to be cleared?

The website isn't mentioning anything about process time. It only states: "Please note that license transfers are not possible earlier than six weeks after the date of purchase".

KVRist
246 posts since 8 Jul, 2004 from UK

Post Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Those timescales apply to the original purchase from u-he. I recently bought a second hand u-he license and it was transferred to me within an hour or so of me paying the seller. :)

Urs
u-he

Topic Starter

25479 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:52 pm

Rivanni wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:58 am
Urs wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:49 am
Can you explain this a little more?
Does it mean the buyer has to wait for six weeks before he/she gets the license I'm selling?
What payments needs to be cleared?

The website isn't mentioning anything about process time. It only states: "Please note that license transfers are not possible earlier than six weeks after the date of purchase".
Some people have the opinion that current EU laws do not allow a software company to reject a license transfer, regardless whatever reason they have not to. That's a discussion that pops up every now and then. So if someone insists to have a license transferred within the first six weeks, we simply agree - but we take our time.

After those first six weeks of ownership, license transfers will be handled like we always do, which is as quickly as we possibly can.

Return to “u-he”