Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

alexekki wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:33 pm Is it me or has the release of native Apple Silicon versions slowed down noticeably lately? I feel not much has happened in the past few weeks.
It's called diminishing returns. It's also likely economical. The world-wide recession cannot be kind to the developers.

Plugin Alliance's Neold plugins are now M1 native - Big Al and V76U73 have been added in addition to Warble which was M1 on release... available in the PA installer now.

Anyone know when/why PA’s CrispyTuner hasn’t been updated with M1 support yet? Seems like a pretty major plug-in of theirs.

Still no Lindell Audio M1 updates. :x
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Native Instruments just made Guitar Rig 6 Rosetta 2 compatible! Can't believe how on top of things they are. It's only been more than a year and a half since Apple Silicon came out. They definitely deserve a pat on the back for this one.

JonathanLevine wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:09 am Native Instruments just made Guitar Rig 6 Rosetta 2 compatible! Can't believe how on top of things they are. It's only been more than a year and a half since Apple Silicon came out. They definitely deserve a pat on the back for this one.
frankly they could get a developer kit in June 2020. They cost 500$ and after you'd return it, you'd get 500$ in apple store credit.
not that 500$ is a terrible business expense for someone like NI.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:54 am frankly they could get a developer kit in June 2020. They cost 500$ and after you'd return it, you'd get 500$ in apple store credit.
Bean counters pocketed those $500. The yachts need to be paid!

I just realized this excellent thread. Thanks for adding RapidComposer, Syne and Melodya (please note the spelling) already.
Please add the new "MIDI Mutator v1.0.1" plug-in in the MIDI Effects/Generators category which is also Apple Silicon compatible.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Ploki wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:54 am
JonathanLevine wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:09 am Native Instruments just made Guitar Rig 6 Rosetta 2 compatible! Can't believe how on top of things they are. It's only been more than a year and a half since Apple Silicon came out. They definitely deserve a pat on the back for this one.
frankly they could get a developer kit in June 2020. They cost 500$ and after you'd return it, you'd get 500$ in apple store credit.
Oh yeah you’re right, it’s technically been over 2 years now if you count that developer kit from WWDC 2020. Gotta love Native Instruments!

I've owned Komplete since v2 and pretty much only use Kontakt from them these days. I love Reaktor, but I haven't installed the AU version to even see if it will run in Rosetta. It's disappointing but completely utterly predictable, they never have been that good at fixing their plug ins for OS updates, and now they're owned by a conglomerate investment company, so it's not getting better in the bean counting department.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:51 pm
I've owned Komplete since v2 and pretty much only use Kontakt from them these days. I love Reaktor, but I haven't installed the AU version to even see if it will run in Rosetta. It's disappointing but completely utterly predictable, they never have been that good at fixing their plug ins for OS updates, and now they're owned by a conglomerate investment company, so it's not getting better in the bean counting department.
Remember back when Apple bought Camel Audio and integrated Alchemy and some of their other plug-ins into Logic directly? They should do the same thing with Native Instruments because at this point that’s the only way their plug-ins are going to get updated. Even a lot of their plug-in interfaces themselves look like stuff out of the early 2000’s. Then again so does Waves Audio stuff, but at least they have the out of having their stuff actually updated with native Apple silicon support.

[deleted]
Last edited by teilo on Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:17 pm I just realized this excellent thread. Thanks for adding RapidComposer, Syne and Melodya (please note the spelling) already.
Please add the new "MIDI Mutator v1.0.1" plug-in in the MIDI Effects/Generators category which is also Apple Silicon compatible.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Attila
Done. And thank you for the spelling correction.

So Steinberg is releasing brand new app - “VST Live” and with new licensing system but, it is NOT Apple M silicone native..?!
Cubase Pro is and so is Wavelab…
WTF?! Or am I missing something here..?

wvshpr wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:11 am There really needs to be an open source format with a feature set comparable to Kontakt to finally put a nail in that coffin as well. I'm kind of annoyed of having to install UVI Workstation, TAL Sampler, Kontakt, the shitty Spitfire players, Sine, Decent Sampler, etc.. All because vendors prefer to release their stuff for a specific format.
That will be a really tough uphill battle, even with the backing of a DAW developer. There's already SFZ, which is a mess. Decent Sampler was another attempt to establish a standard open format, although I don't think it's really open source.

You're not wrong. This would just be an enormously difficult thing to do. The big commercial sample vendors will always prefer something with strong support for copy protection, and that's difficult to reconcile with an open source library format no matter which way you slice it.
I hate signatures too.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”