Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Xfer Records - LFOTool v1.741
- ARM / Big Sur compatibility
https://xferrecords.com/products/lfo-tool
| MacOS Ventura MBP 14 M1 Pro 32GB RAM | PC Win 11 7950x3D 64GB RAM | Ableton | Bigwig| RME Babyface Pro | Yamaha HS8 |

Noting this here because it is significant: the MeldaProduction suite is AS native as of 14.16.

KvR should implement some way to verify Universal 2 Binary compatibility because there are vendors adding this feature and only delivering x86 binaries.

Awesome thread! Just what I was looking for! My Mac Mini M1 just arrived at the postbox, I just need to get off my lazy ass and get it.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

discoDSP wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:23 pm KvR should implement some way to verify Universal 2 Binary compatibility because there are vendors adding this feature and only delivering x86 binaries.
Indeed. I downloaded a few of them and verified that they are not UB2. So now I ignore the KVR database. I have an M1 mini, but do not use it for music production (it's for an OBS setup), so I don't have a good way to test other than taking apart the package and checking the binary directly.

Supposedly Spire, at least it says so in the changelog

I can confirm Spire. At least it opens up in Logic Pro X running in native, so that's a guaranteed ARM version then, right?

bmanic wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 pm I can confirm Spire. At least it opens up in Logic Pro X running in native, so that's a guaranteed ARM version then, right?
Afaik, logic can host rosetta2 plugins seamlessly

bmanic wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 pm I can confirm Spire. At least it opens up in Logic Pro X running in native, so that's a guaranteed ARM version then, right?
Wrong. Logic has a Rosetta2 bridge for x86_64 plugins, as noted in my OP. Reaper has a VST2 bridge also.

Excellent thread. Subbed.
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

To check real compatibility use ArchiChect https://eclecticlight.co/32-bitcheck-archichect/ and open the .component, .vst, .vst3, .aax or .app file with it. Will display all the relevant info.

Universal 2 Binary apps will display Format=bundle with Mach-O universal (x86_64 arm64) values. Apple Silicon is ARM64.

Screen shot for our plugin Discovery Pro which is Apple Silicon ready below:

Last edited by discoDSP on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

discoDSP wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 pm To check real compatibility use ArchiChect https://eclecticlight.co/32-bitcheck-archichect/ and open the .component, .vst, .vst, .aax or .app file with it. Will display all the relevant info.

Universal 2 Binary apps will display Format=bundle with Mach-O universal (x86_64 arm64) values. Apple Silicon is ARM64.
Very useful, thanks.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

...post deleted because i was wrong...

discoDSP wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 pm To check real compatibility use ArchiChect https://eclecticlight.co/32-bitcheck-archichect/ and open the .component, .vst, .vst3, .aax or .app file with it. Will display all the relevant info.

Nice utility. A lot easier than checking in Terminal.

I can still confirm that SPIRE 1.5 is indeed apple native, this time according to the above mentioned tool ArchiChect.

Format=bundle with Mach-O universal (x86_64 arm64)

.. and all the correct tick boxes.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”