Sylenth1 for LogicPro X + new M1 Apple chips

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On Studio One native or Rosetta mode on M1 Mac , I've been having trouble loading Sylenth1 AU. The DAW basically hangs at loading indefinitely.
Strangely the plugin can be loaded without trouble when I open a song that already contains Sylenth1 in it. The problem only occurs when trying to load a new instance.
Your Advert Here!!!

Sylenth1 is the only non-native plugin left for me - please!

Any update?
Karlush
Spotify

stands the test of time or what!?
not many synths from the way-back i'm still using, but Sylenth1 remains in every mix.
a "per instance" master tuning and oversampling, and TUN or SCALA file import would be great though! :D

Please not another Kemper situation with this :(

+1

still not a single word ?

I emailed them 1 month ago or so - Never heard back. I am now almost sure there will never be a native version. I started to move to other synths, was tired of waiting

There simply is no extra money in it for Lennard, i mean in this case everyone should reconsider buying it for the full price or buying at all - as a Mac M1 user. As soon as Apple pulls the plug of Rosetta2 in 1-2 years, you will be screwed.

Would have been nice, fair and transparent to inform the potential customers on his website. Like: "Disclaimer, only "as-is" software, no major development planned, try demo first! No warranty given for future Mac OS releases", or simply give it to open source community like Surge VSTi did.

I said it before: the KVR plugin database should have an additional field "avg. update cycle" or something like this. So everybody can see, if it is a dying horse or under active development :-)

I hope he is generously refunding those M1 customers, who found out AFTER the purchase.
Mac Mini M2Pro, Logic X, Live 11, Push2, S1 V6, Atom SQ, VirusTI2 Desktop, Korg Minilogue xd, Adam A7V, Neumann KH120II, RME, KOMPLETE KONTROL...

I don’t doubt Lennard is working on it, he’s just not a fast developer. Wasn’t it 8 years between launch and 64-bit support? It has now been almost as long since v3 was released. Don’t hold your breath. Thankfully it uses so little CPU that Rosetta 2 doesn’t hinder its performance much at all. Considering Apple still sells Intel Macs I don’t expect Rosetta to be discontinued anytime soon, so there’s little to worry about for the next 5 years.

Hmm 5 years ? I wish - but I don't think so.

The adoption rate from Intel to Apple Silicon is already much higher than PPC->Intel back in the days.
Looking back, even the minor MacOS releases brought major changes with little to no respect in terms of backward compatibility. Maybe this makes Rosetta2 a little 'sanctury' for older intel apps to run in an 'frozen boxed' environment :-)

Apple talked about 2 years of transition hardware wise...and Rosetta2 doesn't bring Apple Silicon Compatibility to older Intel Macs :-) so I think they will drop it way earlier this time, to show the full benefit of Apple Silicon SoC platform.
Mac Mini M2Pro, Logic X, Live 11, Push2, S1 V6, Atom SQ, VirusTI2 Desktop, Korg Minilogue xd, Adam A7V, Neumann KH120II, RME, KOMPLETE KONTROL...

Rosetta 2 is so much better than Rosetta 1 and even the chip design was built to accommodate it, so I see no reason why they’d need to drop it anytime soon. There are still way too many professional apps, plug-ins and various tools that haven’t been ported to ARM64 yet. I’d say 2025 at the earliest.

I had all my projects saved with the VSTi version of the plug in (I came from Windows). Now when I load Ableton M1, it complains that it can't find the plug in because the VSTi version doesn't exist, just the AU one :(

Rasec wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:14 pm I had all my projects saved with the VSTi version of the plug in (I came from Windows). Now when I load Ableton M1, it complains that it can't find the plug in because the VSTi version doesn't exist, just the AU one :(
You have to start Ableton in Rosetta mode

I guess it's a bit like Native Instruments, Lennard has got too many different plug ins to update...
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “LennarDigital”