VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
LFO8
KVRian
645 posts since 21 Jul, 2012

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:57 pm

Ok after some further testing..

Pro's:
- Sounds good, very clean, high resolution wavetables
- Really nice and quick 1-screen workflow!
- Resizable GUI

Cons:
- For all the visual feedback the GUI gives us about modulation applied, the compressor (not the master one) and limiter is not displaying the amount of gain reduction applied (would be so much more convenient to have a gain reduction meter)
- The GUI seems to take quite a bit of GPU recourses, especially when also displaying the visualizer (oscilloscope)
- No way to disable tooltips (those hover/pop-ops can get very annoying), I tried disabling in the menu, but didn't work (maybe this is a demo limitation?)
- Double-clicking on a patch name or pressing enter to load a patch; this prevents quickly auditioning patches by using the cursor up/down keys
- No way of quickly viewing modulation; it would be much quicker if we could right-click on something that's being modulated to view a list of what it s currently being modulated by (for instance right click on filter and it shows 'modulators: ENVA, SEQA, VEL' etc)

LeVzi
KVRAF
4090 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:58 am

I tried the demo, its very limited, but from what I was able to use, I was really underwhelmed.

I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on this.
"T!ts McGee"

pierb
KVRist
265 posts since 28 Oct, 2010 from Mexico

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:08 am

Regarding the VAT thing.

Yesterday I bought some stuff from BestService and they have lower price than NI, because they aren't charging for VAT to non EU customers.

parawave
KVRist

Topic Starter

380 posts since 15 Mar, 2016 from Germany

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:39 am

We started our Winter Sale 2021.

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_synth

As always, our Rapid Extensions are on sale too. Consider getting our newest Progressive House XT.

https://parawave-audio.com/products/extensions

@ Development:
Rapid will get MSEGs in 2022. You can look forward to that.
More infos as soon as there is something to show.
---
Wish you all a happy festive season and end of the year and much fun producing music.

THE INTRANCER
KVRAF
2523 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:29 pm

LeVzi wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:58 am
I tried the demo, its very limited, but from what I was able to use, I was really underwhelmed.

I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on this.
It's a very capable synth, the limitations don't help showcase what it's capable of though. You're best to look on youtube.

The biggest issue is the deactivation issue that can occur if it's left unused for several weeks. Or if you want to sell it, which you can't.

If you create dance music regularly, then you'll probably love and depend on this as part of your productions. And if you do find that the plugin has been deactivated, you can download another key file from the website to use. That said, Parawave needs to remove this ugly aspect that is shadily hidden away on the site.

All updates are free, which can't be said of some other plugins. It's skinnable and scales well.

It could do with some free sound packs included beyond the soundbank which really isn't that extensive.
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

tatanka
KVRian
1459 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Tried the demo today after some years where it has gone out of my focus (to be honest compared to what happened in this time and what synths have come up there does not seem to be big change to it).

But there is one absolutely main question for me (opened a ticket but dont know how long this usually will take, so I hope someone in here will be able to answer). I thought this is a "workstation" where you could load PRESETS on 8 different layers and use these on 8 different midi channels. But I simply cant find ANY way to load a preset on a layer :shock: .

So could that be, preset only "general" and its up to you to make any additional layer from scratch ?

I tried the copy and paste layer but that dont work cause if you load a new preset, boom, all gone...

THE INTRANCER
KVRAF

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:13 pm

tatanka wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:50 pm
Tried the demo today after some years where it has gone out of my focus (to be honest compared to what happened in this time and what synths have come up there does not seem to be big change to it).

But there is one absolutely main question for me (opened a ticket but dont know how long this usually will take, so I hope someone in here will be able to answer). I thought this is a "workstation" where you could load PRESETS on 8 different layers and use these on 8 different midi channels. But I simply cant find ANY way to load a preset on a layer :shock: .

So could that be, preset only "general" and its up to you to make any additional layer from scratch ?

I tried the copy and paste layer but that dont work cause if you load a new preset, boom, all gone...

Go to the browser and drag the preset patches on top the text that says Layer (It will highlight in a white box). You can create a midi channel for each layer from the voicing panel.

You can edit the preset setups yourself and create your own layers which can then be saved as a patch you can reload. Save your patch first before loading any preset patches from the main patch browser strip at the top.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

tatanka
KVRian
1459 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:05 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:13 pm
tatanka wrote:

Go to the browser and drag the preset sounds on top the text that says Layer (It will highlight in a white box). You can create a midi channel for each layer from the voicing panel.

You can edit the preset setups yourself and create your own layers which can then be saved as a patch you can reload. Save your patch first before loading any preset patches from the main patch browser strip at the top.
Thanks a lot Intrancer :tu:
So this brings it up on the list again :hihi:

I really wonder if I missed it in the manual or if something that important is really not there ? I searched the document for "layer", I searched for "preset" (and of course for both which give me no result at all).

Still compared to the Pigments 3.5 update today it seems that from 3.0 to 3.5 more has happened then when I last (as I said: years ago) looked for Rapid.....

And as I have something like Tone2 Electra already, not to talk about something like Unify.....

I will have to try out the different preset categories in the demo, that was the second thing that took my attention again (effects, modulation, arps).

But devellopment really seems to be near to "abandoned", even Spire seem to be "moving" compared to Rapid.....when I looked this easy to understand 8 layer workstation years ago, wow, but today ?

THE INTRANCER
KVRAF

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:59 pm

tatanka wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:05 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:13 pm
tatanka wrote:

Go to the browser and drag the preset sounds on top the text that says Layer (It will highlight in a white box). You can create a midi channel for each layer from the voicing panel.

Thanks a lot Intrancer :tu:
So this brings it up on the list again :hihi:

I really wonder if I missed it in the manual or if something that important is really not there ? I searched the document for "layer", I searched for "preset" (and of course for both which give me no result at all).

Still compared to the Pigments 3.5 update today it seems that from 3.0 to 3.5 more has happened then when I last (as I said: years ago) looked for Rapid.....

And as I have something like Tone2 Electra already, not to talk about something like Unify.....

I will have to try out the different preset categories in the demo, that was the second thing that took my attention again (effects, modulation, arps).

But devellopment really seems to be near to "abandoned", even Spire seem to be "moving" compared to Rapid.....when I looked this easy to understand 8 layer workstation years ago, wow, but today ?
I originally bought rapid on 29 / 9 / 2019, and updates have been 6 to 10 and now 12 months part an in that time the updates have been quite significant in adding new features and functionality. It may be that for the past year, that focus has been on the expansions. There is a short list of things being planned /considered for Rapid... https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_roadmap

Also earlier this year, I released some new skins for Rapid...these are free to download vie this thread here.

morphex
KVRian
568 posts since 30 Oct, 2003 from Pacific NW, USA

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:01 pm

I’m thankful when companies take in suggestions and publicly share their roadmap ideas. It shows what features are a priority for the development team and can be a good representation based on actual feedback from users.

It looks like the future is bright for Rapid. The addition of MSEG’s, a granular effects slot, a loop player, spectral fx and a randomizer, in addition to other tweaks under the hood, all sound very exciting to me.

I also just started using The Intrancer’s dark skins for Rapid a couple of days ago and it’s helped my eyes during long, late night sessions. So a shoutout for that... thank you sir!!

zvenx
KVRAF
10513 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Of course this was also the same plan one year ago tomorrow.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Dombaeb
KVRian
595 posts since 7 Dec, 2018 from Saint-Petersburg

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:49 pm

I am actually using this synthesizer a lot these days and there was a very active official thread here before, but unfortunately it was completely broken by some toxic discussion of the name of the one preset. I hope the developers are not disappointed in people and continue to improve their wonderful synthesizer with inspiration. Now they are not as active on the forums as they used to be, but I'm sure a lot of people waiting for the big update.

briefcasemanx
KVRian
1050 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:38 am

Dombaeb wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:49 pm
I am actually using this synthesizer a lot these days and there was a very active official thread here before, but unfortunately it was completely broken by some toxic discussion of the name of the one preset. I hope the developers are not disappointed in people and continue to improve their wonderful synthesizer with inspiration. Now they are not as active on the forums as they used to be, but I'm sure a lot of people waiting for the big update.
The discussion was broken by the toxic name of one preset. I wonder if the developers are disappointed in themselves at all, instead of in "people"?

Dombaeb
KVRian
595 posts since 7 Dec, 2018 from Saint-Petersburg

Post Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 am

Okay, it doesn't matter now, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge. It is bad practice to shame people at every opportunity. It's good to praise people and wish them luck instead. Now, please, let's wish each other love, a good mood, and creative success.

Back to the topic - Rapid synth, yeah.
briefcasemanx wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:38 am
Dombaeb wrote:
The discussion was broken by the toxic name of one preset. I wonder if the developers are disappointed in themselves at all, instead of in "people"?

briefcasemanx
KVRian
1050 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:39 am

Dombaeb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 am
Okay, it doesn't matter now, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge. It is bad practice to shame people at every opportunity. It's good to praise people and wish them luck instead. Now, please, let's wish each other love, a good mood, and creative success.

Back to the topic - Rapid synth, yeah.
briefcasemanx wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:38 am
Dombaeb wrote:
Okay, then don't bring it up out of nowhere to get a dig in at "toxic people". Problem solved.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”