RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

Evoider wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:07 am I was very tempted to purchase Rapid.
But the update path is all but forgotten these days.
For those that have already invested and gotten a few extras I am guessing that's cool.

But no, I don't think it is going anywhere.
In Rapids defense, other developers do the same. Code a Synth and forget it.
it s already very mature , what do you want more? pretty sure you don t use 80% of what it offfer yet.
but yes some update would be nice offcourse..there is room for improvement but it s already very fonctional and features packed

When this thing gets freely drawable MSEGs then it will be complete imo, only thing I miss. Even without MSEGs its extremely powerful and capable synth.

I see they have edited the road map.... my bad..

Feature Roadmap
Rapid is in constant development and will add more exciting features with every major update. It's only a matter of time. To bridge this time for curious users, we assembled a list of the planned features and general ideas for future updates. See it as our vision of future development. The priorities can change depending on the wishes of our users. We appreciate your feedback.

This list is not complete and does not guarantee that every feature will be implemented immediately.
Freeform MSEG sequences
The ability to use the existing sequences and convert them to a freely editable form. The concept of "custom curves" are not limited to modulation sources, but will also enhance several aspects of other modules.

Custom mapping curves for routing entries.
"Via" modulation for routing entries.
Velocity multiplier and curve editing.
Keyrange mapping.

More Sound Sources
Rapid already provides Wavetables, Multi-Samples, Frequency Modulation, Phase Modulation and even Granular Synthesis. There isn't much left, but there are possibilities for specific sample based sources that ease the creative process.

BPM Based Loop Player.
Sample Slice Player.

More Effect Slots

Buffer based Granular FX.
Phase Vocoder based Spectral FX.

Workflow Additions

Copy/Paste/Save/Load effect stacks.
Undo/Redo.
Quick Import.
Lock parameters/modules.

Extra Functionality

Key switches/latches.
Arpgeggiator MIDI out.
Randomizer.

Third-Party Specification Support

NKS (Native Kontrol Standard) Presets.
AAX Plugin Format.
MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
VST 3.X.

I am looking forward to Quick Import.

rsp
sound sculptist

HcDoom wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:56 am When this thing gets freely drawable MSEGs then it will be complete imo, only thing I miss. Even without MSEGs its extremely powerful and capable synth.
oh yes i forgot about msegs.. it will be a really great addition..maybe they could just update the sequence part to be totally drawable sort of gatekeeper , with possiblite to modulate the nodes and /or the curves.. that could serve like the sequence, like mseg, like a flexible lfo when looped ..

edit : look like it s what it they are working on.. amazing

Rapid's preset manager/lack of tagging feels relatively old school. Several other synths have in recent years been updated with modern preset browsing/tagging such as Diva, Zebra, Hive, Spire, Nexus. Not to forget to mention VST 3.

Hope to see a new librarian and more frequent expansions soon :pray: :phones:

zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:07 pm I see they have edited the road map.... my bad..

Feature Roadmap
Rapid is in constant development and will add more exciting features with every major update. It's only a matter of time. To bridge this time for curious users, we assembled a list of the planned features and general ideas for future updates. See it as our vision of future development. The priorities can change depending on the wishes of our users. We appreciate your feedback.

This list is not complete and does not guarantee that every feature will be implemented immediately.
Freeform MSEG sequences
The ability to use the existing sequences and convert them to a freely editable form. The concept of "custom curves" are not limited to modulation sources, but will also enhance several aspects of other modules.

Custom mapping curves for routing entries.
"Via" modulation for routing entries.
Velocity multiplier and curve editing.
Keyrange mapping.

More Sound Sources
Rapid already provides Wavetables, Multi-Samples, Frequency Modulation, Phase Modulation and even Granular Synthesis. There isn't much left, but there are possibilities for specific sample based sources that ease the creative process.

BPM Based Loop Player.
Sample Slice Player.

More Effect Slots

Buffer based Granular FX.
Phase Vocoder based Spectral FX.

Workflow Additions

Copy/Paste/Save/Load effect stacks.
Undo/Redo.
Quick Import.
Lock parameters/modules.

Extra Functionality

Key switches/latches.
Arpgeggiator MIDI out.
Randomizer.

Third-Party Specification Support

NKS (Native Kontrol Standard) Presets.
AAX Plugin Format.
MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
VST 3.X.

I am looking forward to Quick Import.

rsp
Thanks for this! Cool stuff coming up :D

Sad to not see any preset management updates on this list.

What is wrong with the present preset browser?

double post
Last edited by kobal on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMusic wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:26 pm Rapid's preset manager/lack of tagging feels relatively old school. Several other synths have in recent years been updated with modern preset browsing/tagging such as Diva, Zebra, Hive, Spire, Nexus. Not to forget to mention VST 3.

Hope to see a new librarian and more frequent expansions soon :pray: :phones:
it s perfectly fine to me? you can tag and search there is many categorie.. i would rather hope they don t waste their time with such stuff it bring nothing to the synth engine

Totally agree with kobal. Already pretty good and robust I think.

Neon Breath wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:23 pm What is wrong with the present preset browser?
It is very elementary.
Suppose I want to find say, all my favourited pads from all banks how do I do that easily?

I think I had brought this up when 1.8.5 was just released and was told, I believe they will add a an option to show favourited patches BEFORE the next major version.. That was over a year ago I believe.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx it s still simple with the star neer the search on top right but yes could maybe improved so there is one less click.

for me this browser is still better than many plugins.. but i use my own folders i never used the search yet.

when they bring the mseg with the way it will be implemented this thing will be a monster.

these flexible envelops , more filter types ( somme different bp and hp sounding filter , their is many lp but not bp and hp .. ) , and fxs all as flexible as chorus X and this synth would really be amazing
Last edited by kobal on Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Neon Breath wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:23 pm What is wrong with the present preset browser?
Always the same. :lol:

I don't know a single synth where people don't criticize the preset browser. Seriously. Preset, preset, preset browsing. Seems like that's all that some people do with synths. Kind of like buying a driving simulator, and then switch on all driving aids, so that the car drives by itself.

Double post.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”