RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

kobal wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:36 pm zvenx it s still simple with the star neer the search on top right but yes could maybe improved so there is one less click.

for me this browser is still better than many plugins.. but i use my own folders i never used the search yet.

when they bring the mseg with the way it will be implemented this thing will be a monster.

these flexible envelops , more filter types ( somme different bp and hp sounding filter , their is many lp but not bp and hp .. ) , and fxs all as flexible as chorus X and this synth would really be amazing
I am not sure what you mean, you can't sort by the Favourite columns so it shows the Favourite ones first.
rsp
sound sculptist

There's a bank & preset view, there's favourite view, there's a search tool, there's a tag system for the Type & Instrument of the presets. If you can't wrap your head around with all these features to find what you are looking for, you are the problem, not Rapid.

zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:07 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:23 pm What is wrong with the present preset browser?
It is very elementary.
Suppose I want to find say, all my favourited pads from all banks how do I do that easily?
I don't have additonal banks to test it, but whenever you favorite a preset(s), those can be found by clicking the star next to the magnifying glass icon. It shows them all in a list.

yes it shows all your favourites.. ALL.
But suppose you just want to see only your Favourite Arps ones or only your Favourite Pads...
rsp
sound sculptist

Ok, I see what you mean now. But at least you can sort by the category within that Favorites folder.

Yes by going thru the list to find the category you want.
Hence my initial comment, it is a very elementary browser.
I too would like an improvement at some point, but indeed not as a priority.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:43 pm I imagine here..
https://parawave-audio.com/index.php?ro ... on/contact
rsp
Yeah, I'm dim and should have picked that up.

Much appreciated mate.

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:38 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:23 pm What is wrong with the present preset browser?
Always the same. :lol:

I don't know a single synth where people don't criticize the preset browser. Seriously. Preset, preset, preset browsing. Seems like that's all that some people do with synths. Kind of like buying a driving simulator, and then switch on all driving aids, so that the car drives by itself.
If customers make improvement requests for features they pay for and use, it should be of no surprise. Of course you may see a lot preset management requests simply because a lot of people use presets. There’s nothing wrong with using presets within contractual/license agreement.

I've definitely done this synth an understatement. The Demo is too restrictive imo, but the full thing, which I ended up taking the plunge on, because something kept pulling me back, was well worth it.

Definitely more powerful than the demo suggests.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Is it possible to have an untriggered, freely floating LFO? I have LFO 1 with just a ramp up linked to a granular samples position ("Phase"). Upon every incoming note, the position is randomized. All LFO checkboxes are unchecked.
EDIT: Solved - "Mono | ARP" has to be checked.

I wonder why the LFOs have no Ramp Down. Something I am not seeing here? If I want RampDown movement with no retriggering, but more of an independent, global LFO, I can only use the LFO section. ENV or misusing the ARP does not work. They retrigger.

Can I reorder their presets via a file manager or will this collide with their activation?

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:26 pm I wonder why the LFOs have no Ramp Down. Something I am not seeing here? If I want RampDown movement with no retriggering, but more of an independent, global LFO, I can only use the LFO section. ENV or misusing the ARP does not work. They retrigger.

Can I reorder their presets via a file manager or will this collide with their activation?
if you use a saw and untick bipolar it is ok? ramp go up , saw down that why there is no ramp down i guess

kobal wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:43 pmif you use a saw and untick bipolar it is ok? ramp go up , saw down that why there is no ramp down i guess
Yeah thx, saw is what I need here. I don't know if my terminology is wrong? What they call "triangle" is what I call "saw". What they call "saw" for me is a "ramp down".

I totally like the X-Fade control on the LFOs. Good workflow.

Tooltip setting is saved in a preset? They always turn on after preset change. w000t

Have we ever figured out why there’s a 20% tax on this?

Just picked up Rapid recently and I'm loving it so far. I think its going to be just under Dune 3 for me as a favorite.

I do have a quick question as I explore the synth more. Can you not modulate the master section? It gives me the option to, but im not sure where the mod matrix is for this area. Any help would be appreciated.
Rapid1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MattLeschuck on Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”