The Grid and latency with CV In & Out

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've noticed The Grid adds about 60ms of latency to CV (anything?) going in and out of the "CV In" & "CV Out" modules. As a test I did the following:

Test 1:
Trigger from Eurorack going into an audio track via sound card (ES-9) input. Trigger is sent directly back out of the track via sound card (also ES-9) output. Recording the source trigger with the routed trigger I get a latency of ~8ms (which is what the sound card is reporting in the audio settings).

Test 2:
Trigger from Eurorack going into the Grid "CV In" module via sound card input. Trigger is sent directly back out of the Grid "CV Out" module via sound card output. Recording the source trigger with the routed trigger I get a latency of ~60ms.

Test 3:
Trigger from Eurorack going into the Grid "HW In" module via sound card input. Trigger is sent directly back out of the Grid "HW Out" module via sound card output. Recording the source trigger with the routed trigger I get a latency of ~8ms.

So it looks like using the CV In & CV Out modules adds quite a bit of latency. Anyone know why? Also, is there any reason to use the CV In & CV Out modules over the HW In and HW Out modules? Ie: Does stuff like pitch tracking still work fine using HW modules?

:?:

Oh weird, I never noticed that. I almost always use "HW In" rather than "CV In."

As far as I can tell the only thing CV In has that HW In doesn't is the DC blocking filter and a lowpass that goes as low as 1Hz. That shouldn't introduce so much latency...

Return to “Bitwig”