Native Instruments and slow loading..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:36 am
Kinh wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:10 am
layzer wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:07 am
mgw38 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm Spent two years researching that problem. No solution. Once you get beyong a certain number of NI products, they become unusable on a Mac. Seems to be a license scan on first instantiation.
its elementary. newer software, more code, more bloat, slower more sluggish daw performance :idea:
I think not :dog:
dont matter what you think, a fat lady is going to run slower than a thin one.
Im sure u know all about that

Brian Martin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:34 pm I have the same problem on OSX 10.13.6
takes 2 minutes to open Maschine AAX in ProTools (2020.12 latest)
@mgw38
is there a way to delete/unregister some old librarys from the system?
is there a system file where thoses lybraries are listed?
whats your CPU and RAM specs? I found all these newer music software applications were taking a toll on my old i7 Mac Mini. The average CPU hit of some VSTs where in the 20 to 30% while someone with a newer CPU has in the 3 to 5%. Once I upgraded to a slightly newer and faster CPU and RAM, everything worked much faster.

I think with some of this software, if you chose to stick with your older working DAW (and there is nothing wrong with that -- I wish I could as well as I sometimes fell the workflow was faster) it is better to just not upgrade and just use it as is.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Huh. That isn't my experience at all. I don't often open an NI plugin except in VE Pro, but Battery 4 loaded in like 1s (and a very full library, same) in Cubase 11 Pro; Reaktor 6 took 4s the first time on this system, 3s subsequently. In VE Pro, Reaktor 6, <1s, Battery 4 more/less same as Cubase. Kontakt [5 or 6] so fast I'd need a stopwatch and quicker reflexes than I probably have to measure it. So the slowness isn't universal, one supposes there are different sandboxes than mine/different battles. I have a fair number of things NI and rely on Kontakt heavily. These were VSTs in VE Pro. Some GUIs are flaky in the AU version here. NVME type drive, system drive.

I have this problem with Battery. I think the size of the library is part of the problem. It's fast enough until I include all the NI expansion libraries... then I wait an easy 30sec for it to open. Subsequent opening of the GUI each time would take maybe 10-15 sec. It's bad enough that I can't really use Battery.

I've tried disabling virus scanning on the Battery folder, but no luck.

telecode wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 am Half a minute sounds too long IMO -- unless you are loading them first time. In addition to other suggestions on here, you could also try moving/removing some 3rd party VSTs. I recall I had some freebies from PB I had installed that slowed Kontakt loading significantly. I removed it as I never even used it.
How could removing a VST speed up loading of Kontakt? I think this is nonsense, sorry.

praashek wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:01 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 am Half a minute sounds too long IMO -- unless you are loading them first time. In addition to other suggestions on here, you could also try moving/removing some 3rd party VSTs. I recall I had some freebies from PB I had installed that slowed Kontakt loading significantly. I removed it as I never even used it.
How could removing a VST speed up loading of Kontakt? I think this is nonsense, sorry.
NI is known for scanning a lot of stuff in the background, including vst's in the standard folders, for some applications upon loading. I am not sure though if Battery is doing that as well...

I sometimes have issues loading kontakt and reaktor up. Mostly it's no problem.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Check your PATH environment variables. If they become too long (as when you have Visual Studio, for example), it can take a long time to traverse the paths.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

exmatproton wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:22 pm
praashek wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:01 pm
NI is known for scanning a lot of stuff in the background, including vst's in the standard folders, for some applications upon loading. I am not sure though if Battery is doing that as well...
VST scan is performed only by Komplete Kontrol (software) and Maschine (software).

praashek wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:35 pm VST scan is performed only by Komplete Kontrol (software) and Maschine (software).
And only once per plugin, not every time you start the software.
Stormchild

It seems it's just changing a setting:
Go File>Options.
Then, click on tab Browser and choose "none" in the unrolling menu Database hit-count display.

I had the same problem but could solve it this way. It worked.

Someone already suggested making exceptions for the apps and file suffixes in Windows Defender, that one is notorious.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

So I guess we have to live with this issue forever (at least in MacOS). Native Instruments doesn't seem to care about this issue. I have to make a template that loads a dummy instance of Kontakt, Reaktor 6, Battery4, etc before I start creating. As long as 1 instance exists, duplicate instances will always load quickly. Maybe they fixed it in M1. I'm still on an Intel Machine.

I had this issue in the past, on an Intel mac and mostly with Kontakt, but it disappeared in some way I still don't understand. It could have been linked to the usage data tracking, or to an update I did.
Right now on a M1 pro mac, it's very fast.
I love the sound of most NI synths, but they are generally the worst piece of code that I use on my machine... Plenty of issues, always changing and never fixed. Last one I discovered is that Guitar rig (5 & 6) has latency but it's not compensated (because there's no communication with the DAW). It's exhausting...

I have the same problem, and also Native Access 2 takes this long time. I bet it's a copy prtoection theme. Has anyone found a solution. Any NI VST like Battery 4, Kontakt 7, Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 need 5 Minutes to load on a 5950X 16 cores with 7000 Mhz m.2 Gen 4 SSD on Win11. Only Raktor 6 and Guitar Rig open up in seconds. I have upgraded Komplete CE12 to CE 14 andf now it takes much more Time. Since they take so much time, i don't want to use any NI product. Thats a timekiller

Return to “Instruments”