vurt - i am what i am (file under insular ambiguity)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
addled muppet weed
75083 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:25 pm


User avatar
KVRian
738 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 pm

Very sudden start...straight in, no preamble!

That first 30 secs is soooo marketable as a sci fi backdrop!

Love the occasional sudden eruptions of sound...great contrast to the more subtle rise and fall. (Fave is the one after 14 mins)

For me there is a strong narrative thread here...created pictures in my head!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

KVRAF
2975 posts since 21 Mar, 2020

Post Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:57 pm

:o ... :shock: ... :shrug: ... :phones:

User avatar
KVRAF
20243 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:18 pm

Been a long time since you posted anything. And we return to the sci fi soundtrack of my childhood. I wonder if people realize how much skill it takes to do stuff like this without it sounding like utter garbage?

Two thumbs up.

:tu: :tu:

Oh, what the hell....one more

:tu:

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75083 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:46 am

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 pm
Very sudden start...straight in, no preamble!

That first 30 secs is soooo marketable as a sci fi backdrop!

Love the occasional sudden eruptions of sound...great contrast to the more subtle rise and fall. (Fave is the one after 14 mins)

For me there is a strong narrative thread here...created pictures in my head!
thanks mark :)
hard for preamble, i usually just hit record once something jumps out as worth it, then go from there and see what happens :hihi:

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75083 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:46 am

Erisian wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:57 pm
:o ... :shock: ... :shrug: ... :phones:
easy for you to say :o

thanks :)

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75083 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:53 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:18 pm
Been a long time since you posted anything. And we return to the sci fi soundtrack of my childhood. I wonder if people realize how much skill it takes to do stuff like this without it sounding like utter garbage?

Two thumbs up.

:tu: :tu:

Oh, what the hell....one more

:tu:
ive been rebuilding the studio room after computer death just before xmas, rewiring and getting new interface and such. should be more regular now, pretty much all sorted bar some software installation :x

thanks for the listen, will be visiting the theatre for jerry and co shortly :tu:

User avatar
KVRian
980 posts since 28 Oct, 2005 from Finland

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:30 am

Interesting soundscape and ambiance

User avatar
KVRian
516 posts since 22 Sep, 2015

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:54 am

I'll be whistling this one on the way to work tomorrow.

User avatar
KVRian
572 posts since 3 Jul, 2017

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:56 am

Thanks for those bleeping radio waves from the depht of an unknown modular environment. :clap:

KVRian
1459 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:15 am

always great to hear your work. i like what to do to modular. or with..
it isn't -luckily- mainstream modular (not all modular owners, do modular things, in my opinion, they may do what they want, but i think, why use a modular if you make.. o well. each to their own. it is as it's own attrachtion even when you does sound like a normal synth..).

this one has a strong structure, nice movements; modulations; carriers...

all the layers indeed carry eachother. great piece!

(strange, or not perhaps; the last 2 pieces i listen to, i also downloaded, and examined them, like aliens, probing them spectrally... i even made work with it, adapted them, own personal use. quite exceptional in my case, that i do that. i am drawn to them... perhaps sometime... o well; back TO THE POINT;)

great sounds, stockhausen will be pleased, or better varése?
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75083 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:38 am

markkuja wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:30 am
Interesting soundscape and ambiance

thanks for the listen 8)

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75083 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:47 am

wickfut wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:54 am
I'll be whistling this one on the way to work tomorrow.
awesome! spread the happiness!!
:D

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75083 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:49 am

htcnext2 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:56 am
Thanks for those bleeping radio waves from the depht of an unknown modular environment. :clap:
this...
.
Screenshot_2021-01-16-20-38-22-705~2.jpg
.
euro on the shelves
frac in blue (all bug brand).
thanks for listening :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KVRian
1468 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:48 pm

Liked the unique intro. Sounded like searching through the frequencies on a ham radio.
Not really my genre to be honest, but I appreciate the creativity.

Return to “Music Cafe”