Vember Audio Shortcircuit is now open source!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shortcircuit XT

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:09 pm Yes, Windows/Linux VST3 and Mac VST3/AU will all be supported, since it's being done with JUCE.
:clap:

Terrific. Oops this was a new reply. Well I guess that's all right :D dang the Surge team is awesome!

g,;;
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow! I made a hughe library with strange noises I recorded and loved it, but somehow dropped it. I never found something which draws my attention like this sampler!!!

codec_spurt wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:10 am MASSIVELY USEFUL POST
Dude - you and your post are so cuuute!

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:19 pm
zyguli wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:02 pm That's great! Having sampler features from shortcircuit in Surge would be even better!
I am in two minds about that. I would kinda like Surge to just keep on being an awesome synth without having a huge dependency of multisamples. I guess you could say I share Urs' thoughts on this matter.
I see your point. However, It's not nessesarly about Surge with multisample oscillator, but about Shortcircuit with Surge features - namely filter, modulation and FX section.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. For starters, we need to get the codebase in good shape so that it essentially only has stuff that SC2 had. Then build up from there.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:09 pm Yes, Windows/Linux VST3 and Mac VST3/AU will all be supported, since it's being done with JUCE.
Wow, fantastic news! Thanks!

I remember when s.c . was given away for free back in 2007 ,pretty amazing sampler and it made me check out surge .
It’s succesor s.c. 2 was never really finished , only a beta release .
A lot of paying customers were pretty pissed , it also meant the end for vember audio .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

codec_spurt wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:10 am
Yeah I remember messing about with that. You can really shape and sculpt samples very very quickly in SC1. Funnily enough I just downloaded your Osmosis VST and played about with it a bit in XT2. More VA please... it's very good and works well!
Osmosis was a Synthedit compilation of modules created on all other plugins. Its evolution was XTruder and finally XV. They're 32 bit and there's few presets, and they can hardly create better sound than Surge. Anyway, I'd recommend Add'It, as a basic additive and it has some control over partials.
The fact is some of the inspiration for Add'It came from layerings in SC1 and the frustration when trying to shape & control modulations between pages...

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/addit-by-mvx-synths

zyguli wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:40 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:19 pm
zyguli wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:02 pm That's great! Having sampler features from shortcircuit in Surge would be even better!
I am in two minds about that. I would kinda like Surge to just keep on being an awesome synth without having a huge dependency of multisamples. I guess you could say I share Urs' thoughts on this matter.
I see your point. However, It's not nessesarly about Surge with multisample oscillator, but about Shortcircuit with Surge features - namely filter, modulation and FX section.
Surge, Shortcircuit & their love child Surgecircuit
I'd luv it
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Wanted to post this here as well, but forum doesn't let me, so here is the link to what I wanted to say:
viewtopic.php?p=8028143#p8028143

Just read that the SC1 filters and effects are all saved in the code, great great news for the future.
Duh

It's happening! Awesome! thanks a million!
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

OMG. FINALLY! YES! THANK YOU!

Brilliant, the world really needs a good open source sampler in capable hands!
The big Gatekeepers are getting more and more in the way of creativity...

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!
And thanks to Claes for OSing the source!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Instruments”