GForce OB-E talk

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unfortunately for me (or for PC, as I could see similar in some youtube videos) the UI is blurry when not zoomed.
I'll stay on the fence for a while...
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Music with me and Jeremy Cubert (he collaborated with Yes singer Jon Anderson and Yes bassist/guitarist Billy Sherwood) playing Chapman Stick, with me playing GForce Oberheim OB-E synth, and some non-GForce synths ("Comprehend Me Now") at the top of this link:

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Just purchased OB-E, using it in Bitwig Studio, modular 8 voice, well really need CLAP to be properly modular, love it! What would be nice is to be able to toggle VCO 3 pre/post filter, would be great to have that sine wave after the filter. Oh, and also being able to toggle the ENV's release function.
B-
Last edited by ANALOGYES on Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Envy 16gb/i7 6Core/2.6ghz, Win 11, Presonus Quantum 2626, Bitwig Studio, Diva, Bazille, OB-E,Various VST FX.

Is it possible to simply program one SEM and have all the others tracking/copying the settings or do I have to program every module one by one?

p.s. : just saw the copy/paste buttons. Is that all there is to it? What if I want to adjust things on the fly is there a way to link one SEM in any way?

p.p.s. : I think I figured it out...use zoom and then copy/paste using shortcuts (1-4, 5-9).
Last edited by yul on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Or you can put it in Group mode, when one sem changes, same change happens to all.
Rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Excellent!!! Thanks so much!!

Zoom+Group mode is the way to go.

It should be the default IMO.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:21 pm Zoom+Group mode is the way to go.

It should be the default IMO.
And offset mode!
In case your parameters are different in each voice.

Now that would be awesome. We should pitch (ha!) that to Gforce.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Offset mode is more useful than Group mode, if you're editing an existing patch or have already been working on something for a bit. Group will force everything to the same value across all SEMs, which is often the opposite of what you want. Offset moves them all relative to their current position. Vastly more useful.

Just randomly found there's an awesome set of free patches on the GForce site from Synth_nyc. If you login and go here https://gforcesoftware.com/account/ob-e and scroll all the way to the bottom, there a section called "Free Patches". 🤩

thanks for that info :tu:!

New v2.5 update is out for this with a new Preset Browser. Much improved!

mholloway wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:09 pm Offset mode is more useful than Group mode, if you're editing an existing patch or have already been working on something for a bit. Group will force everything to the same value across all SEMs, which is often the opposite of what you want. Offset moves them all relative to their current position. Vastly more useful.
I wish it had an "ANALOG" control like Obsession has, that allows you to offset each voice card randomly, rather than having to set up all the offsets manually.

2.5 update looks good, too, with lots of new presets for it and SEM.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:40 am
I wish it had an "ANALOG" control like Obsession has, that allows you to offset each voice card randomly, rather than having to set up all the offsets manually.
Well, it has a 'Vintage' knob....maybe it's doing that? Not honestly sure without checking the documentation.
Last edited by mholloway on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”