3.3.4 available

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is the changelog:

Changes in Bitwig Studio 3.3.4 [released 04 March 2021]
New Features

Controller scripts added for Native Instruments Maschine MK3, Maschine Plus, and Komplete Kontrol MK2
Preliminary localization in Chinese and Japanese (under Dashboard > Settings > User Interface > Language)

Improvements

Selector devices (Note FX Selector, Instrument Selector, and FX Selector):
Now remember the selected chain in all modes [23872]
Allow clicking to select the active layer in all modes [23871]
Mode icon can now be clicked to disable automatic chain switching (which is nice for editing)
Now switch chain after note message is received with Round Robin, Random, and Random Other modes
Timeline editors auto-scroll when moving events out of view using arrow keys [25252]

Fixes

International text input now works properly
Quick Slice: beat grid intervals larger than 1/1 were being sliced at 1/1 [25194]
Automation editor did not show automation for group tracks [23913]
Delay-1, Delay-2, and Delay-4 devices: Now use more accurate timing [22002]
Pluck (Envelope) Grid modules: Broke with Decay or Release values of zero [25160]
Split & Merge (Mix) Grid modules: Select input signal did not scale equally when in Nearest mode [24393]
Ø Bend & Ø Pinch (Phase) Grid module: Could produce an output value of 1 [25204]
Better handling of cue outputs that are mono [20424]
Updated audio importer to better handle some file formats [24044]
CC automation was not being sent during global record and when overdub was disabled [25153]
Invalid cue marker was left when creating two at the same point in time and deleting one [25140]
Note editor in Track mode did not remember editor settings per track (regression since 3.0.2) [21919]
Shortcuts for Color Notes by Channel, Clip, Pitch Class, and Velocity did not work [25055]
Pasted notes or audio events were not selected in clip-content note editor [25254]
Bad GUI performance when writing lots of automation to the Arranger on tracks that have clips on them [25406]
Graphics glitch in border above/below note editor piano keyboard [25285]
Pen tool in audio Detail Editor Panel indicated wrong right-click action in the bottom info row [22271]
Crashed when inserting a plug-in via the controller API [24948]
Windows: On German keyboards, [Ö] was not useable as a shortcut anymore [25286]

I cannot download 3.3.4

I get this "To view this page, you must log in to downloads-na.bitwig.com:443."

I thought this wasn't possible! How so I move "events" (I assume clips?) using arrow keys?
Timeline editors auto-scroll when moving events out of view using arrow keys
:scared:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Are you attempting to download from your user profile? That's where I had found it. I shouldn't be seeing any special build, but here are some other things to try:

1) sign up for the newsletter - maybe that would somehow put you on an early access program via an email you then receive maybe?
2) within Settings - Behaviour (in your actual program) check the option for early updates

These files, I think some of you will see this as good news, is significantly larger than the previous build - the .msi is 11% larger and the .deb is 9% larger -- perhaps they're packing in more code from a 3.4 release which could be out soon? I don't see much in the changelog which would otherwise justify such bloat.

I am getting a new error with this build. I have a couple of pop songs (.mp3s, .flacs) sitting in my tracks just to experiment on a la Dr. Frankenstein and I am now getting error messages about the program not being able to read their metadata - hadn't had that problem before. They do still play as normal.

Quick note, I would guess that bug I'm seeing for myself just relates to their update on issue [24044].

Its a 'pre-release' so you will only see it and be able to download it if you have an active upgrade plan.

Personally, I hate all this 'pre-release' stuff (and I have the plan so can download this), seems over complicated to me....did we need another layer!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:17 pm Its a 'pre-release' so you will only see it and be able to download it if you have an active upgrade plan.
I have an active account... but still cannot download 3.3.4

I get that weird dialog

My plan ran out and it doesn’t show up. Definitely a beta release. Maybe only registered beta users are supposed to test it and the web site is confused and shows it to everybody with an active plan?

Is there any point in the new Komplete Kontrol MK2 script, given that the MOSS script is so comprehensive already - does it add anything useful or is it a case of 'too little, too late'?

pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:37 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:17 pm Its a 'pre-release' so you will only see it and be able to download it if you have an active upgrade plan.

I get that weird dialog
Have you tried a different browser?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:03 pm I thought this wasn't possible! How so I move "events" (I assume clips?) using arrow keys?
Timeline editors auto-scroll when moving events out of view using arrow keys
:scared:
I thought in Bitwig land "events" meant things nested within clips, i.e. MIDI notes or individual bits of audio. I don't know about audio but you can definitely move notes with the arrow keys. I guess the editor just didn't auto-scroll when you did so.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I get that weird dialog
I've just managed to download the macOS version of 3.3.4 using Safari browser.

It's now 23:00 GMT - maybe they fixed whatever the problem was.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

carlca wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:03 pm

I get that weird dialog
I've just managed to download the macOS version of 3.3.4 using Safari browser.

It's now 23:00 GMT - maybe they fixed whatever the problem was.
I still get the same error... cannot download

It looks like an expired certificate issue that you might be able to work around (depending on your browser).

Here are the direct download links:

Windows: https://downloads-na.bitwig.com/stable/ ... 03.3.4.msi

macOS: https://downloads-na.bitwig.com/stable/ ... 03.3.4.dmg

Linux: https://downloads-na.bitwig.com/stable/ ... -3.3.4.deb

I am not sure if the folks at Bitwig are ok with the links being posted here. Well ...

Return to “Bitwig”