Softube Modular...Serious Problems (SOLVED)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been using Softube Modular since 2016 without incident. I used it on an old outdated system (Windows 7) and DAW (Cubase 7).

Recently, I upgraded my computer. I am now running Windows 10 and Cubase 11 and have plenty of RAM and a fast CPU. I can run 40 instances of Omnisphere without a glitch.

The other day, I installed the latest modular version because I needed it to run the newer modules which didn't appear in the old version.

Today, starting up my DAW and loading Softube, it takes 30 seconds for the GUI to appear. Each task I perform inside the VST takes 30 to 60 seconds for it to complete.

It is absolutely impossible to work with it this way.

So I have 2 questions.

1. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. Can someone recommend a FREE DAW that I can download just to use with Softube Modular for the purpose of doing patch design? I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on a DAW just to do that one task.

Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating and annoying so anyone who can help me find a solution to this problem, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Last edited by wagtunes on Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

First thing I would do with softube stuff is enable (if it is off) or disable open gl (if it is on) in the plugin and see if that makes a difference.
For sure on my Nuendo 11 Windows 10 PC I don't have that happen.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:17 am First thing I would do with softube stuff is enable (if it is off) or disable open gl (if it is on) in the plugin and see if that makes a difference.
For sure on my Nuendo 11 Windows 10 PC I don't have that happen.

rsp
How do I know if it's on or off and then how do I enable or disable? I have no idea how to do this.

My PC is off for the night so these screen shots are from my mac, but they are the same in how to.
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 7.25.19 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 7.25.23 PM.jpg
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:27 am My PC is off for the night so these screen shots are from my mac, but they are the same in how to.
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 7.25.19 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 7.25.23 PM.jpg
rsp
Okay, it was on, I turned it off, shut down my DAW, restarted, reloaded the plugin, and no difference.

sorry .. that might be for softube support...turn it back on though...that is the preferred option I believe.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:43 am sorry .. that might be for softube support...turn it back on though...that is the preferred option I believe.
rsp
I wrote to support. I am livid over this considering how wide spread it is (just did some research)

Did some research. Updated my graphics driver and that fixed it.

Return to “Instruments”