Shoot me; I'm not dead - Mystahr presents Moors (Chilltronica)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRAF
7672 posts since 9 Nov, 2003 from Netherlands

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:35 am

Yeah I know, have not been around 'again' for quite some time.
DJ'ing took the better of me and most of my music time went into that older passion that had me going back to the 90's house sound which I loved even more. Leaving little time for music making alongside a full time job.

But alas; it's been quite some time since I managed to finish something.
Now normally I'd take my time to get back into the group again, but the content of the creation is rather a special one, known also to a few (former) members here.
Vurt, Glassback, Bernie, Blaster were among the few that I enjoyed a carride with between Manchester and Sheffield.
Snake Pass. One of the great rides I will always remember.
This song is dedicated to that area, to the time spent there in the early zero's and to the friends I met along the way. This is for you.

https://soundcloud.com/mystahr/moors

(it is pretty well possible that it may take some time again untill we meet again, but we will)

Oh yeah; what's in there: Pigments (love that machine to bits), Diva, Go2, Ultra Analog, loads a LABS, plenty of breaks; Izotope Neutron 3; Ozone 9; Phoenixverb and Nimbus; Soundtoys Filterfreak and echoboy, D16 Antresol and Syntorus; created in Ableton Standard.
Cheers

KVRAF
6549 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:35 am

chill indeed ...
nice to hear from you again , mjark ...
hope all is well ...
Image

User avatar
KVRian
971 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:38 pm

The epic, slow burn, gradual build is a tough thing to create effectively....so many just don't put enough 'rise' in there...a few put too much!

This is absolutely spot on...the section up to 2 mins 30 seconds is awesome...perfect timing for each new idea and superb combo of sounds. After that, the whole chilled but still gently driving groove continues effortlessly and never loses my attention at all.

Just wanted the 'fade out' to be a little longer to match the start, maybe?

One more listen! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

KVRian
514 posts since 29 Feb, 2004 from Toronto

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:52 pm

Nice sounds and like ChameleonMusic said well built. I could have done with a longer version with some other elements, nothing crazy just other.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7672 posts since 9 Nov, 2003 from Netherlands

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:18 am

experimental.crow wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:35 am
chill indeed ...
nice to hear from you again , mjark ...
hope all is well ...
Cheers njorm, feels good to create and share here again.
All is well, but for undergoing research into possible rheumatism. Painfull for as long there is no result, but mostly uncertain as to what it will bring in the future. Not really a way I had hoped to age, but unsure yet on the bearable part.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7672 posts since 9 Nov, 2003 from Netherlands

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:25 am

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:38 pm
The epic, slow burn, gradual build is a tough thing to create effectively....so many just don't put enough 'rise' in there...a few put too much!

This is absolutely spot on...the section up to 2 mins 30 seconds is awesome...perfect timing for each new idea and superb combo of sounds. After that, the whole chilled but still gently driving groove continues effortlessly and never loses my attention at all.

Just wanted the 'fade out' to be a little longer to match the start, maybe?

One more listen! :)
Thanks mate, great compliments on the build and progress. That took the longest time to get together, and always has been the tough bit in songcreation in my years of creating.
True that that perhaps as i was so happy with the build and middle section (even cutting out some bars as to not ‘hang’ too long), that the end could have had more attention.
The point I’m at though is some fear of working more on this that I may loose the cohesion of it all.

Then again, there are a few ideas as to perhaps see if also extended or ‘remixed’ versions can be had.

Thanks!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7672 posts since 9 Nov, 2003 from Netherlands

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:27 am

Morgaxx wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:52 pm
Nice sounds and like ChameleonMusic said well built. I could have done with a longer version with some other elements, nothing crazy just other.
Cheers, I do hear you on the ‘other’ elements.
As said perhaps I’ll work more on extension and different versions, who knows what may come off that

User avatar
KVRAF
11295 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 am

Very well done! Love the late ‘90s warp vibe, but with updated sounds. Fantastic sounds and effective composition. Thanks for sharing!

User avatar
addled muppet weed
76819 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 am

i remember the journey!
lovely part of this country!!

know the feeling on the rheumatism pains ..
(coffee shop?)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7672 posts since 9 Nov, 2003 from Netherlands

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:31 pm

justin3am wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 am
Very well done! Love the late ‘90s warp vibe, but with updated sounds. Fantastic sounds and effective composition. Thanks for sharing!
Cheers Justin, thanks for listening and commenting!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7672 posts since 9 Nov, 2003 from Netherlands

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:36 pm

vurt wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:13 am
i remember the journey!
lovely part of this country!!
Fond, fond memories; shared memories :hug:
know the feeling on the rheumatism pains ..
(coffee shop?)
It sucks, the pain. Most terribly I feel it hinders me in the knobtwisting department. It can be done, but not too long.
As for the questionmark; I've not done weed in over a decade. Then also I'm still in the diagnosing proces and medication has yet to be discussed. We'll see what it brings.
But i will bear the suggestion in mind. Thanks

How are you doing then? Been a while

User avatar
KVRAF
10058 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:08 pm

It's got a lovely, slow-paced build, which is right up my street. The piece I'm working on now has a similarly slow intro, but the total length may be heading into 15+ minutes territory :o

The sounds on here are great, and work together in a very pleasing way. I think the piece has a lot of similarities to JMJ sonically, although the style is quite different (in a good way).

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”