Which one are you?

August 2019 is the first KVR Guitar Month so here's a new forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Boss Lovin' DR
7784 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:05 am

https://www.musicradar.com/news/11-type ... -tone-snob

11 types of guitar tone snob

I was smiling away, till I got to number 9.. :scared: Variax, guitar midi controller, over the top use of effects, ebow, weird tunings, bass VI...I fear they have got me. :cry: I have never, ever played the intro to 'Jump' though. :x I think.

xtp
KVRian
995 posts since 4 Jun, 2006

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:20 pm

Guilty to number 1. The irony is that after owning Gibsons forever, I fell in love with the tone of a Chinese made Fender Strat Squire or is that Squire Strat, and no longer have any desire to own or play any other guitar; and guilty to number 5. I will always be guilty of number 5; I love and am intrigued by the science of capturing sound and the components available to achieve this.

KVRist
471 posts since 17 Nov, 2015 from Dawson Creek

Post Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:42 pm

i recnetly dreamt of a pedal rig of 50 boxes to emulate the natural sound of the acoustic guitar which was plugged in. guess i am 7 hahaha. with a touch of brandhater ^^

KVRAF
5728 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:05 pm

#10, moderately. I'm more likely to find an old Martin that will make me try to sell my soul, than for a new one.
Best electric I ever played was a '57 Strat. That was before the vintage craze hit, and the guy now slaps himself in the head every time he remembers he sold it for a grand. That was one sweet guitar, and at the time I played it, only 23 years old. Didn't need a lot of work. The only 'vintage' gear I own is a 1980 Ibanez ST-55. I'm happy enough with my modern lot, so I say 'moderately.'
"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."
Elwood P. Dowd

Return to “Guitars”