Tracktion Presents: Wavesequencer Hyperion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:29 pm
Xryz wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:25 am First of all, I am amazed on the sounds and having patches that can communicate with other layers gives infinite possibilities.

I am totally immersed on it and enjoying the results very much, having the same feelings when I first got my wavestation EX in the 90's! I am not talking about how the wavesequencing operates but how much I was immersed in the sound and discovering new things while constructing sound landscapes. The quality of effects (including a very nice per note granular node!!) is really a plus on this synth!
I came here to post the same sentiments. I'm impressed by this synth. It will take me some time to get into learning how to patch with it (it's modular, with virtual cables), but the presets are great. Their sale ended, but I recommend demoing it (90-day demo IIRC) so you can catch it on the next sale.
It's definitely worth full price. If you're not short on cash there's no need to wait on this one.

Any plans that would make Hyperion able to host VSTi's and VSTfx's?
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:44 pm Any plans that would make Hyperion able to host VSTi's and VSTfx's?
That sounds a bit similar to the approach used by Kilohearts in their Phase Plant synth. Except that they limited it to their "snap-ins" plugins. That probably allowed them to use a shared code base and eliminate 3rd party plugin's potential for incompatibilities.

If a synth opened the door to third party plugins, then it would have to deal with the same issues that many DAW hosts have with 3rd party plugin issues. Not all plugin developers have the resources to test their plugins thoroughly on EVERY host...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Ya, Obscurium can host other plugins, but for me, it was buggy and slow. I love Hyperion as is, but I look forward to whatever comes of it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

zzz00m wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:00 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:44 pm Any plans that would make Hyperion able to host VSTi's and VSTfx's?
That sounds a bit similar to the approach used by Kilohearts in their Phase Plant synth. Except that they limited it to their "snap-ins" plugins. That probably allowed them to use a shared code base and eliminate 3rd party plugin's potential for incompatibilities.

If a synth opened the door to third party plugins, then it would have to deal with the same issues that many DAW hosts have with 3rd party plugin issues. Not all plugin developers have the resources to test their plugins thoroughly on EVERY host...
Bidule a modular stand-alone/plugin can host third party plugins. I cannot recall ever having an issue.
https://www.plogue.com/products/bidule.html

Loomer Architect a midi based modular stand-alone/plugin can host third party plugins. I have not had a chance to play with Architect so cannot know how well it handles can third party plugins.
https://loomer.co.uk/architect.html

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:49 am Ya, Obscurium can host other plugins, but for me, it was buggy and slow. I love Hyperion as is, but I look forward to whatever comes of it.
Several VSTi plugin midi fx can host third party VST's so to avoid the routing issue in most DAW's.

Yes, Bluecat can, for example--also buggy--have had crashes with Late Replies (still fun to fiddle with).

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:51 am Yes, Bluecat can, for example--also buggy--have had crashes with Late Replies (still fun to fiddle with).
Late Replies are buggy all the time or only when a hosted third party plugin is used?

Late Replies is not buggy all the time--just once in a while (might be something with Live and VST3--not sure).

On sale. JRR $65US w code. Is that incentive enough to work through the wonky user interface?

It looks like there are about 800 presets. Looking at it in the context of soundset value, that's equivalent to 8 soundsets of 100 presets at a cost of $8 per soundset.

Compelling...

It is a nice sounding synth...

zzz00m wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:23 am
wavesequencer wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:58 pm
Anyway, for those who like the Hyperion sound engine but want a simpler interface, I also have some plans on that front as a separate product.
:tu: :tu: :tu:
Any progress on this?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

So far, Hyperion is one of those rare synths that allows you to morph between four sound sources, so in that respect, it's worth its weight in gold.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:38 pm So far, Hyperion is one of those rare synths that allows you to morph between four sound sources, so in that respect, it's worth its weight in gold.
How do you do morphing?

plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:23 am#uxisdead
For sure, why bother? LPDALDASJFHASK, we all know what that means.

plexuss wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:47 pm
Boy Wonder wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:38 pm So far, Hyperion is one of those rare synths that allows you to morph between four sound sources, so in that respect, it's worth its weight in gold.
How do you do morphing?
Sorry. I used the wrong term when I said morphing. I meant cross fading, as with an XY Pad as this video demonstrates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaoCSNkK8s
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Return to “Instruments”