The KVR Developer Challenge 2021 Downloads & Voting Now Live

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:04 am Your entry does not appear to be a new product released exclusively for the KVR Developer Challenge. The product has been on your site for several months. So I removed the DC20201 tag and just set it live for you.

AgusHardiman wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:11 pm
Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:49 pm Off we go: https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2021 !
Hi all and Ben,
I have submitted my entry and marked it as KVRDC2021 when I write the product description about a week ago and it's not live by default. Today I found that my entry is live (as KVRDC2021's rule suggested) BUT I don't see my plugin as an entry on KVRDC2021 here: https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2021/).

This is my plugin: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/monste ... onster-daw

Can somebody or admin help explain what happens?

Thank you n Regards,
Agus Hardiman of MonsterDAW
I see. Ok no problem, thanks for clarifying!
And good luck to all the entries, some are quite great 😍

Laras Composition could have been a winner for me, but there is no installer and no explanation on how to install, we are not all technically minded. I feel that the DEV may have made a mistake not using an installer for this. It a shame but I can't vote for something I cannot install.
Why the hell did I come back to this God forsaken forum? :dog:

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:15 pm Laras Composition could have been a winner for me, but there is no installer and no explanation on how to install, we are not all technically minded. I feel that the DEV may have made a mistake not using an installer for this. It a shame but I can't vote for something I cannot install.
From the read me txt.
Laras is developed using java, so you need to install a JRE (Java Runtime Environment)
If you are in Windows OS you can double click the provided Laras.bat file
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:43 pm
Henry Jimdrix wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:15 pm we are not all technically minded.
From the read me txt.
Laras is developed using java, so you need to install a JRE (Java Runtime Environment)
The README.TXT also says, If JRE is not available in your system,
Go to https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp to get info and download Java.
It's just one click to download the JRE, and it includes an installer:
JRE download.png
On Mac, you can click Laras.jar to open it.
Java also runs under Linux.

It's really worth the small effort to download Java to use Laras, if you are into different ways to think about chord patterns. It even shows the notes mapped to Ukulele!

And it includes an excellent tabbed series of instruction pages:
Laras tutorials.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

On Linux
extract laras-v1.zip contents to a folder.
make Laras.jar executable
right click on Laras.jar > properties > permissions > make executable
right click on Laras.jar and Run as Administrator
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Hello friends :) ., I would like to know if I can still add a little more information in my post, publish the Hum808x but I would like to add more data only in the description and in fact I am finished a video to show some things., They believe that it is still possible or they can disqualify me :ud:

I wish all the entries had made a video demo.
Last edited by Pytchblend on Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some of the entries still hope to get around to it later, maybe after fixing a bug or two.

AgusHardiman wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:01 pm
Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:04 am Your entry does not appear to be a new product released exclusively for the KVR Developer Challenge. The product has been on your site for several months. So I removed the DC20201 tag and just set it live for you.

AgusHardiman wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:11 pm
Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:49 pm Off we go: https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2021 !
Hi all and Ben,
I have submitted my entry and marked it as KVRDC2021 when I write the product description about a week ago and it's not live by default. Today I found that my entry is live (as KVRDC2021's rule suggested) BUT I don't see my plugin as an entry on KVRDC2021 here: https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2021/).

This is my plugin: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/monste ... onster-daw

Can somebody or admin help explain what happens?

Thank you n Regards,
Agus Hardiman of MonsterDAW
I see. Ok no problem, thanks for clarifying!
And good luck to all the entries, some are quite great 😍
Very nice release, Agus! I can see a lot of time was put into it.

Michael L wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:05 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:43 pm
Henry Jimdrix wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:15 pm we are not all technically minded.
From the read me txt.
The README.TXT also says, If JRE is not available in your system,
Go to https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp to get info and download Java.
It's just one click to download the JRE, and it includes an installer:

JRE download.png
On Mac, you can click Laras.jar to open it.
Java also runs under Linux.

It's really worth the small effort to download Java to use Laras, if you are into different ways to think about chord patterns. It even shows the notes mapped to Ukulele!

And it includes an excellent tabbed series of instruction pages:
Laras tutorials.png
Not sure I want to risk it after reading this from my anti virus provider.

''The security risk from Java Runtime Environment is considerable. Kaspersky Lab recommends that all organizations review their use of JRE and disable it whenever possible. Unfortunately, many businesses use Java-based applications, and disabling or uninstalling JRE is likely to cause problems''

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:20 amNot sure I want to risk it after reading this from my anti virus provider.
:lol:
You are truly "not technically minded."
The DATE of the warning you quoted is 2016!

I am sure Laras is entirely safe :party:

(Technically-minded note: in 2021 stackwatch reports 2 vulnerabilities in JRE compared to 257 in Windows 10, and 111 in MacOS, and even 5 in the antivirus software McAfee Total Protection)
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:43 am
Henry Jimdrix wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:20 amNot sure I want to risk it after reading this from my anti virus provider.
:lol:
You are truly "not technically minded."
The DATE of the warning you quoted is 2016!

I am sure Laras is entirely safe :party:

(Technically-minded note: in 2021 stackwatch reports 2 vulnerabilities in JRE compared to 257 in Windows 10, and 111 in MacOS, and even 5 in the antivirus software McAfee Total Protection)
I see you edited your post to change it from making false unfounded accusations about me deliberately posted an article from 2016 to be misleading. Smart move because I did not intentionally post that to be misleading. Now smart Alec the question of Java runtime being safe, it is safer but it is still not that secure, and certainly should be updated by whoever installs it on a regular basis. As for making comparisons between operating systems and a program you can't make that comparison as they are different things, one is an operating system the other a program. Of course an operating system is going to have more vunerabilities. but are generally resolved quicker than programs and don't rely on the user to manually download the update. However I believe Windows 10 will do that for you if you opt for optional updates

About Lara. I'm not theory minded so it was easy to check the java version and make a desktop shortcut to the bat-file but i'm stumped how to make a use of it. :D

Java and other things you can have locally on your computer can only be missused by someone having control of your computer.
The big offender is yourself. Open an attached file in an email is a classic. Clicking ok when a registry cleaner popup window on a webpage asks if they can install this superduper registrycleaner on your computer is another classic one.
Every classic hack needs your active participation in some way.
I had a javabased server going 24/7 for over a year, on a public network, without any sign of tampering from outside. If java truly was opening wide doors to hackers that could not possible have had happen...? :roll:

PS. Maybe i should explain the media scaretactics that you can get hacked only by visiting certain webpages. You can't. What happen is that it can open a window, without you actively open it, well camouflaged as something good.Then it tries to get you to click on something that installs shit on your computer. Without that essential click to install something on your computer you can not be hacked. :tu:

Saffran wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:46 pm About Laras.... I'm stumped how to make a use of it. :D
Laras shows a dozen common ways to visualise patterns of notes-in-chords-in-progressions with different tempos & instruments; and lets you randomize, multitrack, export midi; etc.

I think he did a great job integrating so much into one interface.

See the product page:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/laras- ... i-h-hasyim

The ten tabs describe the features. This is the Laras V.1.00 > Music Tools tab that shows a half-dozen of Laras' ways to visualize a progression:
Music Theory.png
...and...YMMV :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Pytchblend wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:21 pm I wish all the entries had made a video demo.
I had some free time today and thought you're right, it would be great to have a video of all the plugins! I spent a little time today making a quick one that has some interesting uses of STFU. I hope you find some use for it!

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/Gih90GfunTM
P.S. I've been trying to pay attention here to see if anyone is having issues with my plug but so far the only person seems to be someone who left a review that I can't seem to contact because they're a new KVR account; is there some other way to get in touch with them?

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”