Improvised cases

August 2019 is the first KVR Guitar Month so here's a new forum for discussion of all things guitar!
KVRist
106 posts since 2 Mar, 2017

Post Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:58 pm

I have a J-Station that I've been carrying around in my gig bag for a while. It has got a few scuffs, and I thought it might be nice to get some sort of case or padded bag to keep it from getting scratched. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

On a similar note, one thing that turned out to be a great case for when I had a Boss GT-3 was a paintball gun case from Brass Eagle. Cheap and fit perfectly. Maybe I'll use it to store some of my loose pedals.

KVRAF
3587 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from Land of The Charity Shop

Post Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:14 pm

A laptop case.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

KVRist

Topic Starter

106 posts since 2 Mar, 2017

Post Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:05 pm

Seems a little big for a J-Station. On the other hand, less embarrassing than a padded Pokemon lunch box.

KVRAF
5728 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:01 pm

Ha. My former recording partner, and best friend's father made him a case for his Ovation 12 string. It looked like the coffin of a young child. Inside, a cigar box installed for picks and strings. His family was notoriously.... frugal..... the padding inside was styrofoam. Worked fine, but I never carried it around, lol.
"In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."
Elwood P. Dowd

KVRAF
3587 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from Land of The Charity Shop

Post Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:31 pm

Magic Russ wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:05 pm
Seems a little big for a J-Station. On the other hand, less embarrassing than a padded Pokemon lunch box.
A notebook case. Throw a few cables in and the PSU.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

KVRian
1409 posts since 27 Aug, 2004

Post Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Reminds me that I need to find a gig bag for my cigar box guitar. Unfortunately I will probably spend as much on the case as the guitar is worth.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

addled muppet weed
76877 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:59 am

Magic Russ wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:05 pm
what's wrong with pokemon? :tantrum:

squirtle squirtle!

Return to “Guitars”