Making music artwork. Alternatives to Adobe?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@eLawnMust: Thanks for your additional suggestions!

We have two top dogs who can do almost anything and are "open source",
i.e. everyone can even take part: "GIMP" + "Krita". These are very complex,
with layers, layer groups, and a lot of filters, plugins, scripting, etc. GIMP
focuses on "raster image editing" - similar to Photoshop, but more
professional (can also use the HEIF format). KRITA has focused on the drawing
itself.

If these are too complex for you, you can go to the much simpler programs
"chasys draw IES" or "L-view" or "Pixopedia". :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Yes, I have used GIMP & Krita & they are OK but are rather different next to ChaSys which is not 'simple'. It has all the features you mentioned plus a ton more. An associate once said it's an Ocean of Possibilities. I have CGI BG so have tried everything out there I know complex from simple. ChaSys is FREE as well, they all are. Since it is free I suggest taking it for a spin then making an opinion.

eLawnMust wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:45 am Yes, I have used GIMP & Krita & they are OK but are rather different next to ChaSys which is not 'simple'. It has all the features you mentioned plus a ton more. An associate once said it's an Ocean of Possibilities. I have CGI BG so have tried everything out there I know complex from simple. ChaSys is FREE as well, they all are. Since it is free I suggest taking it for a spin then making an opinion.
Yes, of course! :love:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Figma is kind of an Illustrator replacement.

I’ve tried affinity. It’s quite good. Its over my head as I’m not a photo editor.
If youre looking for adobe alternative, I think affinity is it.

I've just been playing aroudn with Bing's new Image Creator and came up with these in literally 5 minutes -

"Armoured hover drone"

"Cyborg soldier in a wartorn city"

"war ravaged dystopian cityscape"
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

cool, as a artist i cant say i approve of the system harvesting the work of others without asking permission to use as a dataset. before long litigation will probably erupt based on petcentages of original work harvested for a piece of derivative artwork. No doubt an AI can be made to work in reverse to reasonably identify a derivatives source material.

*imo it cant be a good thing if youve no way to protect your original work from AI systems. :shrug:

*This is only image based content, the same
technology could be applied to anything bearing an original design. One day there
may be no economic incentive to design anything, art, music, electronics, plugins, etc, etc. Of course, probably we will all
be long dead by then. Tho i suppose this
is an unreasonbly dark way of looking at things as well...

Ai, generate 1 millions movies per second and flood google and media. Hmmm my competitor generates 3 millionsmovies/sec. But mine are 3.5 % more authentic.
Bah no one buys them though, just my mom and she enjoys creating her own movies anyway with apple i-mind...
I can't work at the coal mine since everything is automated.
I guess i'll get a real job like couch enjoyer, or food tester, maybe professional hiker.
Dad was right being an AI artist isn't a job - AD 2149

Just chiming in to say that Affinity is an excellent alternative!

There are several iOs apps that are uncannily good tools for making music artwork. Affinity has an iOs studio; Trigraphy is another good one.

2024?

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:35 am 2024?
Don't think much has changed.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:59 am
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:35 am 2024?
Don't think much has changed.
cheers :tu:

OK so now my needs have changed, i want to be editing AI pictures and adding text for record covers, and also making short promotional reels for instagram. Would Adobe be my best choice now?

stopped payin adobe subscription and went to affinity and davinci.... best choice ever.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”