Any tips for Cableguys Shaperbox? I find it hard to use sometimes.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any tips for Cableguys Shaperbox? I find it hard to use sometimes.

I have two ways to use it (personally tested):
Lazy / experimental way: load the plugin. launch the sound, record a long mudpie of you tweaking or simply scrolling trough the immense preset list - cut the parts you like and use it

Study it completely - and while you are studying it you'll start to discover approaches :)

Nevrock5 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:25 pm Any tips for Cableguys Shaperbox? I find it hard to use sometimes.
Which parts of it are hard to use specifically?

How is it hard to use? For the most part you draw a shape, set the LFO rate, and tweak params to taste.

'##
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

I found there are very good tutorials on youtu.be. Maybe check those out?
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Personally, I use the area with the preset patterns to quickly click through to see what might sound interesting, and then once I find one that does something in the ballpark I tweak it manually from there...

The one thing which is essential to know (imo) and isn’t immediately obvious is that you need to right-click a node if you want hard curves. Otherwise you’ll have to use at least twice as many nodes to get the same shapes, and this can get messy when you want to move the curve and one node is in the way of another you are trying to move, etc

Another tip is: don’t feel like you need to use all the fx modules at once. Load one, draw a curve, mess with all the parameters to understand what they do. It’s a lot harder to get a feel for it with multiple modules which are affecting each others’ response.

Return to “Effects”