TB Barricade V4 - Thoughts on the Input Models?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I've been looking to get a hard clipper recently, and after trying a few I remembered that there's one in TB's Barricade V4 (which I already own). So I gave it a shot and it seems really good! So now I'm wondering about the other models - any gems in there or ones that are particularly useful? Although the manual describes them briefly, I'm interested in how others have found them and are using them.

Cheers,

Chris

"Mild Saturation" gets a lot of use here - can help to gel things in a mix that are a little too dynamic

I rarely use them. The tape option can be nice, but you really need to mix into it, slapping it on an existing mix bumps the low frequencies way to much imho. But if you put it on the master bus from the beginning, you can compensate for that.

I use the soft clipping model quite frequently on individual tracks. It provides a quick and visual way of rounding off transients and reducing peaks.

fese wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:32 pm I rarely use them. The tape option can be nice, but you really need to mix into it, slapping it on an existing mix bumps the low frequencies way to much imho. But if you put it on the master bus from the beginning, you can compensate for that.
That’s exactly how I use the Barricade 4 Tape Saturation input model, I haven’t found anything I like more for the purpose, including TB ReelBus. Barricade 4 Console and other input models occasionally get used here too.

fese wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:32 pm slapping it on an existing mix bumps the low frequencies way to much imho.
Just notch the lows a little with an EQ preceding it (-0.5dB @ 110hz - preferably for the mid only ; +0.5dB @ 8000-9000Hz - preferably for the side only) and you're good to go. you gain a solid 1-4dB (depending on your transient content) before you hit the limiter.

- mix console

is getting a lot of use lately

tape saturation and console.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Effects”