E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

I dunno but I feel some people like to take out all the fun from a project and make it about themselves. I think everyone shared their opinion and we don't have to repeat ourselves. I just hope e-phonic doesn't care about this at all and he still is motivated to continue this project cause I can see how this can be a total bummer. Some say they want to help, but this is not constructive anymore, it's just whining. We got e-phonic's answer, let's move on and maybe come with other ideas that he'd be thrilled to tackle and implement.

Also, from my part, thank you very much for making this synth, I'm starting to really love it and it's in all my latest projects.
You really did great work!

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:14 pm I just hope e-phonic doesn't care about this at all and he still is motivated to continue this project cause I can see how this can be a total bummer.
No worries. I’m having more fun then ever with this plugin. It has always been a dream to build a poly synth from scratch one day.
It’s very rewarding to create something that other people can use, like and even hate.
You can’t satisfy everyone and that’s not my goal either.

e-phonic wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 pm
nIGhT-SoN wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:14 pm I just hope e-phonic doesn't care about this at all and he still is motivated to continue this project cause I can see how this can be a total bummer.
No worries. I’m having more fun then ever with this plugin. It has always been a dream to build a poly synth from scratch one day.
It’s very rewarding to create something that other people can use, like and even hate.
You can’t satisfy everyone and that’s not my goal either.
The upside is that people are showing passion about your synth. In addition, all of these little battles in the thread keep Invader 2 at the top of the forum! I'm sure you know that we appreciate your work on this synth :tu:

My personal viewpoint is that any suggestions that require a UI modification signify a major change, and that they should be a candidate for a potential Invader 3!

I got off to a bad start with Teksonik, but I love his enthusiasm and the patches that he has provided for Invader 2 are top notch. I can understand the desire to have further features, as Invader's core sound is solid. It's up there with Legend, and I love that synth.

e-phonic wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:07 pmNo worries. I’m having more fun then ever with this plugin. It has always been a dream to build a poly synth from scratch one day.
+10

Ill begin by saying thank you e phonic.
This new little synth is a fun one to play with. And uses very little cpu.

I love the sound of it, and would love to ask you to maybe consider incorporating a few more filter types. (in my case id love to have something like the ms20 k35 filter in it)

thanks for the work you've put into this.

Now, after that, id like to express that im having a problem with the gui not refreshing properly, and sometimes becoming glitchy. Often times the problem is resolved by closing and reopening the plugin window.

however, im not using a conventional setup, for im running the synth under linux with wine, which i'd assume is not supported. So i guess, i cant really expect for a solution, but thought of asking anyways, just in case there maybe exists a way to fix this.

thanks again. i hope you continue to develope quality plugins, like this one.

e-phonic wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:24 pm Cheers!
PJ @ E-Phonic
Hi PJ! I've seen some users experience crashes with Invader on macOS with Wotja 22.

Is this something you can look into?

Code: Select all

SIGTRAP

MAIN THREAD - CRASHED

Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 810258
Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 810982
Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 864347
Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 843491
Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 819997
Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 787031
Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 738744
Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 737943
Invader
0x10bbc4000 + 998954
AudioToolboxCore
0x7fff484ad000 + 588076
AudioToolboxCore
0x7fff484ad000 + 1551069
AudioToolboxCore
0x7fff484ad000 + 211292
AudioToolboxCore
0x7fff484ad000 + 1550835
ISSKit
juce::AudioUnitPluginFormat::createPluginInstance(juce::PluginDescription const&, double, int, std::__1::function<void (std::__1::unique_ptr<juce::AudioPluginInstance, std::__1::default_delete<juce::AudioPluginInstance> >, juce::String const&)>) juce_AudioUnitPluginFormat.mm:2808
Best wishes,

Pete - Intermorphic

bougth license for 5 euro - is this still a beta version or what 1.0.10?

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:19 am And: can we expect at some point a delay/reverb/modulation effect? I really like the implemented effects in Invader 2. Thanks.
There already is a pretty good delay effect. You can also use it for modulation effects to a certain extent.

Autobot wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:19 am Some ideas / feature request:
(a) Using the right mouse button to snap to integer values. e.g. freq in steps 0.5
Alt+Left-drag snaps to semi-tones.

And as mentioned, there's already a delay.

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
rabbit in a hole

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Last edited by Autobot on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit in a hole

I’m not seeing where or how to assign LFOs?

vata44 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:08 pm I’m not seeing where or how to assign LFOs?
There is no mod matrix, of course.
There are only so many mod targets, you can select the mod source in the little fields under osc frequency and pulse width for each oscillator, cutoff in the filter section, and the two wheel controllers at the bottom.

Odd, it seems that some LFO assignments don't work properly. For instance LFO2 -> Osc frequency.

Return to “Instruments”