E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:47 am is this synth still in development or 1.0.10 windows is the final release?
Like it a lot,but could be improved further i guess with more requested functions...

like, turn it into Falcon or Avenger or something? :hihi:

a few little adjustments and additions maybe, but it's pretty good the way it is. Clean, stable and light on resources. I personally appreciate the limitations.

what would you change or add?

sqigls wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:32 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:47 am is this synth still in development or 1.0.10 windows is the final release?
Like it a lot,but could be improved further i guess with more requested functions...

like, turn it into Falcon or Avenger or something? :hihi:

a few little adjustments and additions maybe, but it's pretty good the way it is. Clean, stable and light on resources. I personally appreciate the limitations.

what would you change or add?
i really like simplicity,original structure and the sound as it is,especially for 5 euro is no brainer deal and really fresh addition to my other 50-60 synths,easily become everyday synth along Sylenth1 and other classic synths i start i project.
it's dope the way it is,but as designer who had experimented with many different synths i personally would appreciate few things ,which could be easy upgraded i guess from what is now without need to be changed significantly the structure of the synth:
1.Mostly Upgrade of arp section - Trance gate or something similar would be very useful,just to add dynamics to output volume.
2.Optional - More osc types
3.Optional - More lfo Types.
4.Optional - More filter types
It will be nice to have upgrades,which add more dynamics via additional shapes.
Just an opinion.
Cheers :)

sqigls wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:32 am what would you change or add?

MIDI CC support for remote control

I keep coming back to this synth. It sounds so good, has its own character, very easy on the CPU, just wonderful!
It is my BEST sounding synth I own and it's ridicously cheap! This is the ONE!

I would prefer a normal keyboard in the GUI, not a reversed one. Add a reverb and it's complete and finished.

Mr P.J.: You Are A Genius!

Groetjes van Alex Mumbee uit Dordrecht
Last edited by Kees49 on Sat May 21, 2022 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
i7 9700K @ 4.6 GHz - Asus Prime Z390-A - Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB - RME HDSPe AIO + XLR balanced breakout - 2x Iiyama PL2492H - Novation Impulse 61 - Evolution UC-16 - Clavia Nord Lead 2 - Yamaha S80

Kees49 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:43 pm I keep coming back to this synth. It sounds so good, has its own character, very easy on the CPU, just wonderful!
It is my BEST sounding synth I own and it's redicously cheap! This is the ONE!

I would prefer a normal keyboard in the GUI, not a reversed one. Add a reverb and it's complete and finished.

Mr P.J.: You Are A Genius!

Groetjes van Alex Mumbee uit Dordrecht
Yeah! I agree on the reverb, and I can't wait to see what will be added in the updates to come! I would also love to see the developer's next product, hopefully an additive synth.

I'd love to see keyboard tracking on the Polymod for Prophet style patches, as well as MIDI Learn...I wouldn't say no to FX either, but really, this is a lovely synth as is. Sounds great with a wide sweet spot.

I'm actually hoping a new Drumatic is in the works.

I think it's pretty bloody good exactly as it is and it gets a lot of use from us because it sounds great and is so easy to use. And let's be serious, if the biggest complaint you have is the colour of the pretend keyboard, there can't be much wrong with it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Although no one asked, here's what I hope is added to 3.0 (if there is a 3.0, that is).
One or two more oscillators with different types of synthesis. (Wavetable? FM? Sampling?)
Much-improved arpeggiator/sequencer with things like gate, volume, swing, ratcheting, random direction, etc.
Two more LFO's or at least more routing options.
And panning.
The keyboard is probably not necessary. Could probably so a wave sequencing section there instead.
It's cool that there are very little effects as most producers prefer using external effects anyway.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

The keyboard is necessary for me.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Boy Wonder wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:07 am Although no one asked, here's what I hope is added to 3.0 (if there is a 3.0, that is).
One or two more oscillators with different types of synthesis. (Wavetable? FM? Sampling?)
Much-improved arpeggiator/sequencer with things like gate, volume, swing, ratcheting, random direction, etc.
And panning.
The keyboard is probably not necessary. Could probably so a wave sequencing section there instead.
It's cool that there are very little effects as most producers prefer using external effects anyway.
It would be a whole different synth, then, imho. I personnally enjoy the straight to the point and fast workflow of Invader with its limited (but well designed) featureset.
If I need wavetables, several stacked osc, plenty LFOs and a full featured arpegiator, then I go for something else (Zebra2, Synthmaster, Hy-Poly, Vital, Serum, etc).

Any news / progress for a new update?

monophonK wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:41 pm Any news / progress for a new update?
What are you looking for in an update?

I've got my own little wishlist (keyboard tracking on the polyphonic LFO and MIDI learn), but since it got M1 support, if it stayed the same forever, I'd be happy. It's a truly excellent little synth as is. So doesn't need an update just for the sake of being updated.

Honestly, I'd much prefer it if a new version of Drumatic was in the works.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒░░▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▒▒░░▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▓▓░░▒▒░░░░░░▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Boy Wonder wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:07 am Although no one asked, here's what I hope is added to 3.0 (if there is a 3.0, that is).
And panning.
What would be the point of that? You'd basically be turning it into DUNE or ANA or Serum or Hive or Viper or a dozen other synths that already have all those features.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”