Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Brilliant!

Vortifex wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:21 am In terms of Pigments' sound it does feel to me like it lacks a certain oomph in the bottom end. A lot of the time I'll play something at the top of the keyboard, go for the big double octave bass note to support it and the expected low end just isn't there. It can do bass because I've heard it, so maybe it's just the presets. Last night I was actually checking to see if they'd used the EQ in some of the new presets to high pass them but no, that's just how it sounded.
It was my experience too when I tested it first.
Adding sine/triangle wave (1 or 2 octaves down) in the Modulator section of the Oscillator usually helps me to solve this "issue".

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:55 am The VA section in Pigments 3 still sounds pretty bad to me, which is weird since I like some of their VA synths. I think it's mostly down to the pulse wave sounding bad, and weird distortion when playing multiple notes at the same time. Sounds vaguely like clipping but the output isn't showing anywhere near clipping, so if it is clipping it's some sort of internal gain staging clipping that the synth isn't warning me about. I hear this on lots of softsynths where it sounds bad when not playing monophonically. My hardware Alexis Ion sounded like this too...great for monophonic stuff, weird and distorted for chords without clear separation between notes.
pixel85 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 am I can clearly hear the difference between Arturia synths and eg. Hive 2. Arturia synths sounds flat, lack depth imo.
I own and love every U-He synth and...

It really depends on the Arturia synth. Some of them sound great especially the newer ones like jupiter v4, and the Juno emulation.

I probably reach for the Jun-6v more than any single U-He synth. It is right up there with U-He in sound while being super fun to use.
Yep, VA section is kinda off. Reminds me of bit older vst synths. Maybe they didn't want to overlap with their analogue emulations here(?)

Definitely, their synths sound different (the last time I had the opportunity to check their V-Collection it was v7). I tried only a few synths, the ones that I was interested in and they all had something in common. Hard to explain. Personal preferences of the brain are playing some tricks, maybe.

So this update is replacing P2. But it is possible to open previous projects with P2 or it shows a missing plugin or the patches/settings are gone?

pixel85 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 am So this update is replacing P2. But it is possible to open previous projects with P2 or it shows a missing plugin or the patches/settings are gone?
AFAIK, it should open fine (based on P1 to P2 Update). To be safe, just create a copy of project and then open and verify it if the project plays through as expected.

I think that the VA engine is not supposed to sound as a classic analog synth. If you play a sawtooth on Pigments and you compare it with any Arturia analog emulation, it sounds smoother, very similar to the sawtooth on Arturia DX7. It is a digital synth, not trying to sound analog.

Updated and bought the 5pack of presets for 19EUR.

Btw,

I installed them in Pigments 3 but can't see which presets come from which pack when browsing through presets. My error?

k

soulata wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:58 am Updated and bought the 5pack of presets for 19EUR.

Btw,

I installed them in Pigments 3 but can't see which presets come from which pack when browsing through presets. My error?

k
Same issue. Been an issue all day since purchase for me.

I found the banks!
Go to Presets, then to Store. You will see 5 banks. Click on the clouds to install them. That's it! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I did that.

I just can't see which presets the banks came with.

soulata wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:29 am I did that.

You go to "My Banks" and select the bank you want! Then you see it with its presets!

EnGee wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:52 am
soulata wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:29 am I did that.

You go to "My Banks" and select the bank you want! Then you see it with its presets!
Or open the library tab and in the search tool you can filter by bank (amongst other things)

So, have they finally got around to including time stretch for samples?

And so how are these 500 presets? I never buy presets, but GAS.

pixel85 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 am So this update is replacing P2. But it is possible to open previous projects with P2 or it shows a missing plugin or the patches/settings are gone?
The plugin is just called "Pigments" (doesn't contain the version number), so it will load in previous projects as expected. Version 3 just adds some new features to the existing plugin. Should be fully backwards compatible.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”