Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Peraqsha wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:05 pm Just made a quick and aggressive track with Pigments3 and a few Waves Abbey road & bigwig factory plugins . All the synthesis sounds are Pigments3 and the drums are the Amen break.

This is just in the first few hours of using it after I bought it. Workflow is very nice.

https://soundcloud.com/user-817167937/downbeat01
good track!!
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Peraqsha wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:05 pm Just made a quick and aggressive track with Pigments3 and a few Waves Abbey road & bigwig factory plugins . All the synthesis sounds are Pigments3 and the drums are the Amen break.

This is just in the first few hours of using it after I bought it. Workflow is very nice.

Really nice :) I would make it more aggressive if I were you, so it stand out more.

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:14 pm Thanks zzz00m
You are most welcome, Mr Scrubbing Monkeys!

I'm enjoying your presets for Fathom Pro! :tu:

I disagree with those that say they never use presets. Oh, the horror! I started my journey with synths in the mid 80's. I think presets are a roadmap to learning a synth. I like to tweak them as I learn. Without them, you only know what you already know, plus accidentally discover. By tearing a preset apart, you learn new things, like "how did they do that?".

I love the sound quality of Fathom, but the mod matrix is a bit out of my comfort zone. But I can see that you have mastered that. Well done! I think that Pigments is more my speed in that regard, as I can see what's happening with it, LOL!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

The more I mess with this the more I love it. If the VA section had better sound quality were it'd be my favorite of the supersynths (massive x, serum, avenger, etc).

At first I wasnt sure if this added enough new stuff to warrant the "3" moniker, but really the new modules complete change the sonic possibilities of the synth. Great effort, Arturia.

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:48 am If the VA section had better sound quality were it'd be my favorite of the supersynths (massive x, serum, avenger, etc).
Huh? Do you know better than a company that has spent a couple of decades emulating VA synths?

Maybe invest in some new monitors... :wink:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:54 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:48 am If the VA section had better sound quality were it'd be my favorite of the supersynths (massive x, serum, avenger, etc).
Huh? Do you know better than a company that has spent a couple of decades emulating VA synths?

Maybe invest in some new monitors... :wink:
I have pretty good monitors and I prefer other synths for VA, some even from Arturia. I'm not sure what it is about pigments, but it doesn't get me there as quickly as some Reaktor synths or Diva/Repro. I don't have the energy to do a strict preset comparison, but I share the perception that Pigments isn't a strong VA synth. The additive oscillator is fun though.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:15 pm If I had a feature request then that you would be able to set 2D or 3D view as default for the wavetable oscillators. I always have to switch it to 2D every time I load an instance...

Oh, and this:
Igro wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:57 pm It would be cool to have the ability to change the phase of the oscillators in VA section.
Would be great to have for all oscillators.
+1,000. I know it's a bit petty but this was one of the reasons I held back from buying it for so long. It's weird that a modern, flagship synth doesn't have such a basic/ubiquitous feature!
Always Read the Manual!

Very, very nice. That's just the kind of thing I like to use Pigments for.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:33 pm The five new preset banks will not play in Analog Lab V. Says AL V needs updating to the latest version when I have the latest version installed. Anyone else have this error?
We will release an Analog Lab V update soon (hopefully next week or the week after) which will be compatible with Pigments 3 presets.

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:51 am

Very, very nice. That's just the kind of thing I like to use Pigments for.
Thanks

I'm pretty impressed at how nicely Pigments3 sits in a mix. It's kind of like Hive2 and Zebra3 but better in how little mixing it requires.
Noise Producer

What I like about Arturia is they kept developing the sound engines. Now, I see the Utility engine as a very smart addition to enhance the sound. It makes a big difference between a flat sound and a nice deep one. Even the Sample/granular engine sounds really nice if I use the Utility engine, let alone the harmonics engine 😀

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:22 pm
carrieres wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:33 pm I did not find it, can you show me the upper folder before Arturia ?
Sure it's in Program Data.

Pigments 042221-1.png
Thanks

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:48 am The more I mess with this the more I love it. If the VA section had better sound quality were it'd be my favorite of the supersynths (massive x, serum, avenger, etc).
What exactly isn't good quality about it? Just wondering, because, I don't see the difference to the other parts in Pigments...

telecode wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:22 am
@zzz00m usually the pigments packs are double the price of other AL packs. I think its $15 regular and then when on 50% off sale its $7 or so. So this for $5 for each which is IMHO a pretty good deal. I seriously doubt Arturia are ever going to make this entire pack collection at 50% off. They will probably break them out and sell them individual.
Thats because the packs are priced roughly per preset. The Pigments packs usually have more presets than the analog lab only ones so are priced accordingly. Following their pricing model I think the Spectrum banks will cost $19.99 EACH going forward not $19.99 for the lot so is an obvious choice for any Pigments owner right now.

Is it me or v3 CPU usage is much higher than in v2? My i7 laptop (but 5 years old) is struggling...
I feel that the quality of the synth has been improved comparing to v2, if that is the case.
Last edited by Igro on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”