Psychic Industry(Techno influenced Drum and Bass)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRer
8 posts since 27 Apr, 2021

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Hello all:

I made this track about a month ago. I guess you would call it drum and bass heavily influenced by techno. Just recently got back into SoundCloud. I'd appreciate any feedback on it. I am thinking the beat needs to change up a little but I'd love to see what you guys think:
https://soundcloud.com/drm-machine/psychic-industry

KVRAF
2024 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:17 pm

Astralboat,
Thank you for checking out my music! Now your song: I like the vocal synth at ~0:24. I recommend have more synth riffs, unless you added some good vocals, though I realize you might not sing. As it stands now, it is somewhat repetitive without vocals or more synth riffs. You might add a low pitch synth bass to go with the vocal synth for example; or a low pitch synth bass synth during the other main synth riff (or a higher pitch synth). Drum beat is good, though having a greater variety of drum beats, or having some drum fills would help. Keep at it! What state or country are you from?

KVRer

Topic Starter

8 posts since 27 Apr, 2021

Post Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:42 am

Thanks for the suggestions, they are very helpful! I am from the Atlanta, GA area

KVRian
1258 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:03 am

Nice track, Astralboat!
I love the sounds and the mix. Well done. Over the time it get's little repetitive. Most of my songs suffer from the same ...
While listening I had the idea of a trumpet melody line on top of the track as it is now... and probably even a "call" and "response" style thing with a clean trumpet and an even "sicker" bass respones ...
I did a drum and bass track - damn already 5 years ago! - where I've tried to add this melodic think on top of a bed ... look for the track "red-bubbles-dance-around-your-head" in my soundcloud account...

KVRian
1057 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Sat May 01, 2021 12:30 pm

Interesting listen - enjoyed it...good overall groove.

Agree with Aaron that it needs a little more variation and development maybe?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Return to “Music Cafe”