Feedback on the Acon trial so far

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I'm a lecturer who has started teaching online courses due to COVID-19. I started doing very basic video editing on my lectures to polish them up before release. However, I've noticed that, from a production perspective, improving audio quality is the next big gain, much more so than video quality.

Because of this, I've started trials for a bunch of different restoration programmes including Acon Digital's acoustica. I think that I like the plugins; however, it can be hard to tell because of the audio cutting in and out as a feature of the plugin design. That fact does make A/B comparisons harder for my untrained ears because, as a maths lecturer, I'll speak for a sentence or two, then write a bit, then go back to speaking and so forth.

The developers might want to keep this in mind: as a lecturer trialing the product, I'd prefer a 14 trial with full functionality than a 30 day trial without the ability to save. I totally get why this is more difficult to implement without people pirating your software. However, if there were an option to pay a non-refundable deposit to use the trial with the ability to save, that would be very helpful. Then I could just go about editing my lectures and see how it goes.

I'll have a couple questions on how to get the most out of the software, which I'll put in another post.

But for now, I'll point out some things I have liked about Acoustica: Extract Dialogue works. Deverberate 2 is a bit tricky to tune but seems to remove more reverb than the more expensive Accusonus plugin. The spectral display is new to me (as is everything related to audio processing) but I already find it helpful. You've already knocked some of the other candidates off the list.

Hi!
DeliciousRoastPotato wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:56 am I'm a lecturer who has started teaching online courses due to COVID-19. I started doing very basic video editing on my lectures to polish them up before release. However, I've noticed that, from a production perspective, improving audio quality is the next big gain, much more so than video quality.

Because of this, I've started trials for a bunch of different restoration programmes including Acon Digital's acoustica. I think that I like the plugins; however, it can be hard to tell because of the audio cutting in and out as a feature of the plugin design. That fact does make A/B comparisons harder for my untrained ears because, as a maths lecturer, I'll speak for a sentence or two, then write a bit, then go back to speaking and so forth.

The developers might want to keep this in mind: as a lecturer trialing the product, I'd prefer a 14 trial with full functionality than a 30 day trial without the ability to save. I totally get why this is more difficult to implement without people pirating your software. However, if there were an option to pay a non-refundable deposit to use the trial with the ability to save, that would be very helpful. Then I could just go about editing my lectures and see how it goes.
Thanks for testing out Acoustica! Please be aware that you can use Acoustica for 30 days free of charge and that the internal tools don't mute the audio like the plug-ins do. Please use the Enhancement menu instead of the Plug-ins menu. Unfortunately, DeVerberate 2 isn't part of Acoustica, so this will have the occasional muting.
DeliciousRoastPotato wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:56 am I'll have a couple questions on how to get the most out of the software, which I'll put in another post.

But for now, I'll point out some things I have liked about Acoustica: Extract Dialogue works. Deverberate 2 is a bit tricky to tune but seems to remove more reverb than the more expensive Accusonus plugin. The spectral display is new to me (as is everything related to audio processing) but I already find it helpful. You've already knocked some of the other candidates off the list.
Thanks, glad to hear that you could improve your audio with Acoustica.

Best,
Stian

The feedback to use the internal tool is helpful. Thanks!

DeliciousRoastPotato wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:07 am The feedback to use the internal tool is helpful. Thanks!
Thanks, good to hear!

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”