2021 - Favorite Drum Software?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Thought I’d ask as I was googling this and one of the lists for 2021 had BreakTweaker at #1. Is this the case? I thought it was abandonware, but maybe I am wrong.

I use Ableton now (Simpler and Drum Racks)and have good samples, which of course works well. The music I make is house (old school deep, minimal, lo-fi, detroit, chicago..that style), so while I use the typical Roland sounds, I also like the dusty MPC sampled vibe sometimes as well.

Really just looking for stuff that inspires new sounds or patterns that will work in the genre. Not really into the glitch sound that much. Im the type that will buy a cheap old drum machine and make a few tracks with that, so it can be nice to change things up sometimes. Just want to try ITB this time.

Im definitely considering Kick 2, seems like a really awesome kick generator, but I was just looking to see what else is out there that makes your drum programming go in places you may not have thought of, or something that gets sounds you may not have samples of..etc. I thought maybe that could be BreakTweaker, but I’m not current on modern software options, hence my post.

Try Drumcomputer, you can get some really sick drums from it.
I'm having a lot of fun!

BreakTweaker is on sale again for $10 USD, so it's a good time to grab it if you're interested. Yes, iZotope hasn't updated it in years, but they continue to sell it. Perhaps their new partnership with NI will breathe new life into their instruments. Who knows?

Geist2 and Battery haven't had any significant updates in a quite a while, but many here still use and enjoy them.

If you already have a lot of drum samples, you might be interested in XLN Audio XO or Algonaut Atlas.

Here's a recent thread on drum machines you might like - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=561774

telecharge wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:58 pm BreakTweaker is on sale again for $10 USD,...
Ooooh, that's pretty much a no-brainer! Thanks for the heads up!
telecharge wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:58 pm If you already have a lot of drum samples, you might be interested in...Algonaut Atlas.
Battery 4 is still my go-to, but I picked up Atlas a few months ago and it's become my most-used drum sampler ever since. I love its simplicity and ability to map/swap out samples in such an intuitive way. Love it!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

XLN XO even though I really don't want to say it

If you don't need a built-in pattern sequencer, then Vital or Pigments would do any kicks related tasks.

I find Sitala (free) to be a really good drum sample player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdqTwMx0a5c

JazJazgot wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:57 pm Try Drumcomputer, you can get some really sick drums from it.
Im really damn intrigued with this one. Wasn't sure if it was just glitchy drums or if i could get some nice alternate versions of a 909 with it. I just keep reading good things, time to investigate more.

telecharge wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:58 pm BreakTweaker is on sale again for $10 USD, so it's a good time to grab it if you're interested. Yes, iZotope hasn't updated it in years, but they continue to sell it. Perhaps their new partnership with NI will breathe new life into their instruments. Who knows?

Geist2 and Battery haven't had any significant updates in a quite a while, but many here still use and enjoy them.

If you already have a lot of drum samples, you might be interested in XLN Audio XO or Algonaut Atlas.

Here's a recent thread on drum machines you might like - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=561774
Excellent, thank you!

Another vote for XLN Audio XO :tu:
For classic acoustic drums: Addictive Drums 2.

I'm also using Battery 4 which is still fantastic, but I begin to use Impact XT in Studio One (and Groove Agent SE in Cubase sometimes). I found that Impact XT has really nice kits and easy to use it with patterns that improve my workflow. It is easy to add my samples as well :)

Battery.

Now if I only found the time to browse through the gazillions of drum samples I have...

I also liked Groove Agent SE in Cubase. Very nice clean interface, and good features.

Superior Drummer 3 by far! The Tap2Find feature is absolute genius - I wish AD2 had something of that sort. Tap2Find is so good at finding drum patterns when I'm in the zone...

I also use Addictive Drums2 as a "metronome" for guitar practice - I love their UI.

After I bought SD3 (with Death and Darkness SDX) - I'm actually going back to my projects and replacing the AD2 drums with SD3 - that Metalworks Kit is perfection. :)

still Linplug RMIV for me, found it, demoed it and never looked back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:52 am still Linplug RMIV for me, found it, demoed it and never looked back.
And neither forward to RMV :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

a can of chili and a microphone.

Return to “Instruments”