Anybody here using Hauptwerk Virtural Organ??

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
59 posts since 7 Dec, 2002

Post Wed May 05, 2021 8:44 am

Hi again!

I am a hard time finding users who are using the Hauptwerk Virtual Organ with a VST-host (like Cubase). Up to version 5, I had no problem routing the organ ranks to separate channels in Cubase. The mixer from version 5 and onwards is a total different beast (more a spreadsheet than a mixer actually).

I am deffo not new to computer audio - but this one has left me... well - nowhere really.

Appearantly the normal user of the software does not use it for recording, but rehearsing and playing in churches and stuff directly through their sound interfaces. I haven't found any other users on the Hauptwerk FB-group or in the Hauptwerk forum who uses the VST-option...

So - KVR!! you are my last resort.. I need to know if anybody have succeeded in routing audio from Hauptwerk to SEPARATE audio channels. (I have got as far as - yes.. I can route audio - but the various ranks shows up on all the assigned Cubase-channels... which is .. well - daft - and not useful at all.. )
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

KVRAF
22347 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Wed May 05, 2021 1:52 pm

I was kind of interested in it and ended up with a copy of the installer. I don't remember how. But installing it on OSX seemed to not be possible.
Its installer told me I needed to run as administrator, which is a Windows trip, I have never run any of my own machines except as administrator, it's the default unless there's a "guest" user. So I never got past this dialog, there's nothing to be done, 'there's a catch'.

Off topic somewhat, but I'm saying they might not be coding things that all the way work, based in that
Last edited by jancivil on Thu May 06, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist

Topic Starter

59 posts since 7 Dec, 2002

Post Thu May 06, 2021 7:58 am

it's available for both mac and windoz.. I am using Win7/64
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

KVRAF
22347 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Thu May 06, 2021 3:33 pm

Yeah, they apparently don't know how to code a Mac installer, "Run as administrator" is not a thing like it is on windoze. It's telling me to do something that doesn't need doing, so it has to be force-quit. I had zero confidence after seeing that. There may be a workaround but I don't want that on my machine.

it may just be buggy, is my point

Return to “Instruments”