Summertime - Pop Softrock Ballad - by Gabriel West

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRist
62 posts since 16 Nov, 2017 from Germany

Post Wed May 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Instrumental Version + Melody :roll:
https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779/s ... ion-melody

First 'complete' guitar composition ever by me, composed on my moms old spanish flamenco guitar in 2000 and now finally re-arranged in a DAW after many unsatisfactory attempts. (2000: The year, when my singing voice was still present and pretty much in his prime, at the age of 20) An interesting aspect is, that the transition from the Pre-Chorus into the Chorus still did include a real modulation in another key signature, because, when I composed it back in the days in 2000, one year after lerning my first chords on a guitar, I wasn't even aware of it :D) An old tape recording of 2000, which still exists of that song, helped me, reconstructing it reasonable in an authentic way, compared to the old tape version, where I was just picking, strumming and singing this song, unfortunately, it got completely out of pitch over the years, but since my mom always told me, make a song of it, I got the motivation and finally did it officially. Too bad, now under the age of 41, I can barely sing it anymore (Snif)..this is a betaversion, any constructive feedback with 'improvement-advices' for instance, is welcome. :wink:

Used instruments:
- Korg M1 / Universe preset (Vocals / Melody)
- NTonyx SF Bank: Fingered Bass and PowerKit Drums
- VB-1 Bass
- Spicy Guitar + Guitar Soft AMP + EpicVerb (less wet setting) as fingerpicking Gt.
- HQ Orchestral SF Bank: Acoustic Guitar Preset as Rhythm Gt.
- 4Front Piano (Intro & Arp effects)
- PG-8X - Strings
- Oxe FM / Strings
- Synth1 for vocals (Melody Lead)
- Reverse Cymbal (32bit Wave Sample)

https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779
Without ROLAND's awesome Synths, the greatest music decades in the 80s and 90s wouldn't exist the way they do now. :phones: And yes, I'm a big fan of Roland!

KVRAF
4973 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - The Mudway Towns

Post Thu May 13, 2021 8:27 am

For a moment I thought it was gong to be that Summertime :lol:
I really like this, just a very smooth relaxing melody, with some interesting changes.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

KVRist

Topic Starter

62 posts since 16 Nov, 2017 from Germany

Post Thu May 13, 2021 11:47 am

Thx for your kind words, Sir @folderol :wink:
Without ROLAND's awesome Synths, the greatest music decades in the 80s and 90s wouldn't exist the way they do now. :phones: And yes, I'm a big fan of Roland!

Return to “Music Cafe”