Best vst for fat bass

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i know term 'best' is subjective,so probably favorite or preferred is more suitable,but i am really curious what vst people use mostly for fat bass.
Sometimes layering is the answer,but sometimes singe preset do perfect job if use right synth.
The question is which one?

Friday nite list time :hihi:

Softube Model 72 or Model 84

Gonna throw in Rob Papen SubBoomBass 2

Uhe Ace

SubBoomBass
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I reach out to either Monotone / Subtractor (Reason Rack) or The Legend (or Diva) for Synth bass sounds.
For songwriting - Ezbass (Classic Rock / Vintage Ebx)
(Edit : +Layer low frequency sine wave in any of the above VSTs for the sub bass)

The Legend fills low end like nothing else I have tried. Even without a sub it is still very fat.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Thanks for reply guys :)
I did so many presets,but still haven't found 'perfect' fat bass synth.
To my taste most vst's doesn't sound fat enough when need really fat bass.
Surprisingly some free vst like Tone2 Firebird and PG-8X are very close to 'Fat' to my taste.
Moog filter is ok,but not enough.
Maybe ADSR settings are the key for fat bass or some mixing technique,can't say,but
sometimes i hear songs with almost perfect 'fat' bass and not sure is it sound design more important or mixing,
probably both:)
Cheers :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:06 am Thanks for reply guys :)
I did so many presets,but still haven't found 'perfect' fat bass synth.
To my taste most vst's doesn't sound fat enough when need really fat bass.
Surprisingly some free vst like Tone2 Firebird and PG-8X are very close to 'Fat' to my taste.
Moog filter is ok,but not enough.
Maybe ADSR settings are the key for fat bass or some mixing technique,can't say,but
sometimes i hear songs with almost perfect 'fat' bass and not sure is it sound design more important or mixing,
probably both:)
Probably compression......1176
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Define fat. Or do you mean phat.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Context and contrast. If everything else is thinner than your bass, the bass will be the fattest instrument in your arrangement.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Analog monosynth FTW

I guess every aspect is important,but making fat bass, from sound design point is most easiest thing, so it should be relatively simple to make or find some preset to make the mix thick and full in low freqs,but it is never so easy without compromising something.
For example the moment you touch reso and keytrack entire picture start to change.
My own research lead to conclusion that most important part should be interaction between instruments in the mix,it shows what and how the bass will be placed and what bass will sit better,i mean slow bass or punchy so on.
If the mix is already full bag and you have to put another thing inside,how to find the right place for new stuff.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:06 amMoog filter is ok,but not enough.
The Moog Ladder Filter is the enemy of fat bass because the resonance attenuates the entire signal. OTOH, an Oberheim SEM style bass does the opposite - if you modulate the cutoff with an envelope, as the resonance sweeps down into the bottom end it boosts the bass frequencies, giving you extra fatness on every note.

My go-to for fat resonant bass for the past 6 months has been Adam Zsabo's JP6K. Apply the technique described above, using the first preset as a starting point, and you'll get some huge basslines from it. NI's TRK -01 Bass is also very capable. Softube's Monoment Bass does some really fat basslines, too.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”