Marimba Jambo [Dance for Vurt] :P

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UPDATE:
Thanks to all who were listening already. yeah you are right with the shouts, made a second mix with more reverb - sounds better. panning - i left it unchanged due to the canon-composition.
unfortunately i can't change the file on soundcloud (only for pro-sups... :( )
i added another one, not so strong like the first, but still listenable :) - you find it under the first link.
have a nice week... (now its enough for marimba-music... for a long time :) )

i had an idea during today's breakfast and wrote it down - oldschool with a pencil and paper (was necessary)... some rules are bit bended ...
thanks to VURT who mentioned MOONDOG in a thread - very inspiring! cool move :)

what do you guys think about the technical side?

wish everyone a nice sunday afternoon.

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... imba-jambo
https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... a-jambo-ii
Last edited by tomtom1 on Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

ooh ill have a listen later in the studio :tu:

Very nice, love the rounds. Nice production as well. I think the shouts could sit a little better in the mix some how. Not exactly sure how to suggest to go about that. The only other thing is that when the first round comes in at 0:42 it's on the left by itself. I understand why you did this, and it sounds great when the second round comes in, but I think you could automate the first one to the left gradually as the second comes in. Hopefully that makes sense.

I really like this one.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

tomtom1 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:37 pm some rules are bit bended ...
as far as im aware, thats what rules are for? bending and breaking! :ud:
thanks to VURT who mentioned MOONDOG in a thread - very inspiring! cool move :)
im just glad i found people who will appreciate him, he deserves more love :)
what do you guys think about the technical side?
sound ok to me, yes the panning is a little "out of the ordinary" but it also makes sense, with the others coming in. artistic choices always win out over "convention" for me :tu:
loved the drums on this one, worked really well with the marimbas!
agree with eassae regarding the shouts, theyre a little dry, perhaps a touch of/more reverb on them would help?
wish everyone a nice sunday afternoon.
you too my friend :D

vurt wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:38 pm im just glad i found people who will appreciate him, he deserves more love
for me it goes far beyond music. he brings worlds together. for me, with my academic musical background, who constantly had the feeling of sitting between chairs, the whole thing is a real revelation. it is hard to describe... the cage is broken.... :wheee:

thanks for your feedback, have to check it out (further) if i find some time...
same goes to essae!
myself in 2022

I enjoyed this. A lot of varied grungey acoustic timbres. The mix is a little rough but it only adds to the charm.

I agree with other the other comments that the shouts didn't blend with the rest of the mix.

Good stuff. 8)

Frantz wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:48 am I enjoyed this. A lot of varied grungey acoustic timbres. The mix is a little rough but it only adds to the charm.

I agree with other the other comments that the shouts didn't blend with the rest of the mix.

Good stuff. 8)
thanks for listening. i still trying to get better in mixing :)
myself in 2022

eassae wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:59 pm Very nice, love the rounds. Nice production as well. I think the shouts could sit a little better in the mix some how. Not exactly sure how to suggest to go about that. The only other thing is that when the first round comes in at 0:42 it's on the left by itself. I understand why you did this, and it sounds great when the second round comes in, but I think you could automate the first one to the left gradually as the second comes in. Hopefully that makes sense.

I really like this one.
yeah the shouts, not perfect... i changed it (read above) it is better now. panning: i thought it could be a good idea due to the canon-composition. thanks for your comment and for the listening!
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:59 pm
eassae wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:59 pm Very nice, love the rounds. Nice production as well. I think the shouts could sit a little better in the mix some how. Not exactly sure how to suggest to go about that. The only other thing is that when the first round comes in at 0:42 it's on the left by itself. I understand why you did this, and it sounds great when the second round comes in, but I think you could automate the first one to the left gradually as the second comes in. Hopefully that makes sense.

I really like this one.
yeah the shouts, not perfect... i changed it (read above) it is better now. panning: i thought it could be a good idea due to the canon-composition. thanks for your comment and for the listening!
Yeah, the panning works great with both rounds going. I think it was a good choice. Shouts sit better now.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Definitely preferred the "mantra" mix. Cool groove and rhythmic work on the percussion (drums).

Sweet work, thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

dp

StudioDave wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:50 pm Definitely preferred the "mantra" mix. Cool groove and rhythmic work on the percussion (drums).

Sweet work, thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

dp
thanks for listening. that is interesting: personally i thought that mantra is the "weaker" one and noone would like it (ok a little exaggerated). although quite simple, I really thought about the form of the piece :)
myself in 2022

marimba jambo is awesome!
i love the melody and beat

Jesse Gorter wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 pm marimba jambo is awesome!
i love the melody and beat
thanks for listening. glad you liked it.
i am not 100% satisfied with the melody, but if it is to work as a canon, i had to make some concessions.
myself in 2022

Yeah, this works pretty damn well for me...good listen!

I think that with the mix here there's a very delicate balance between separating and blending all those similar percussion sounds...VERY tricky to do indeed...it definitely works, but could be tweaked a bit in that area maybe.

Musically, I think that well-shaped main theme has the potential to go sky high with layer after layer after layer weaving around each other again and again until it all 'bursts' and suddenly drops down to a single line again....

Yet, this more chilled version also works any way!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Reminds me of a dance in an episode of Star Trek TNG; The presence of Lwaxana Troi :)
A little like an alien ritual.

Return to “Music Cafe”