MUX questions

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2 more questions that are important to me :P

Can MUX have a snapshot system (loading a preset with snapshots inside it)
Why would I like such a thing?I want to save a main preset called "pianos"
inside this preset I want to have snapshots (presets),
piano + reverbpiano + delaykontakt pianotrue pianodream pianoetc...
I found it to be really efficient to find the perfect presets this way :P

is there a plan to add a morphing feature to mux ?X/Y PAD Morphing module to morph between Presets of selected parameters, something like Metasurface in audiomulch, NI KORE2'S morph pad could help here :)

The metasurface pad in audio mulch is much better and prefered but maybe more complex to program.
Link: The Metasurface

regards

another question/ FR for parameter event generator
it is really hard to find the right parameter in its drop down list, sometimes there are tons of parameters...

I have 3 ideas that could help here:
1. seach/filter box on top of the parameters
2. show last touch parameters on top
3. drag and drop last touch parameter from the synth (module) on the parameter event generator's parameter name to change it.

I couldn't find how to do that without scrolling through the whole list...which is not fun at all.
if there is a quicker way please let me know

thanks

Is it possible to load vst3 to mux ? :X

HarmonicD wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:15 pm Can MUX have a snapshot system (loading a preset with snapshots inside it)
Not yet, but something like that is on the wishlist.
is there a plan to add a morphing feature to mux ?X/Y PAD Morphing module
See the XY ParameterPad, XY MIDI Controller Pad and XY ModulationPad modiules. You can use them to create your morphing patches.

HarmonicD wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:06 pm Is it possible to load vst3 to mux ? :X
Not yet, but you can use a Vst3 -> Vst2 adapter to bridge it.

Hey
thanks for the responses.

I usually install only vst3 of my plugins, i have workarounds for vst3 adapting but it's not good workflow.
do you plan adding vst3 support in the near future?

I"m researching VST3 (parallel to the M9 works, which have higher priority) but cannot make a statement yet at this point. I do understand the need. A pity the VST3 SDK is such a monster.

I'm using Blue Cat Patchwork for VST3's. But it would be nice not to have to. BTW, just picked up MUX Modular, looking forward to MUX 9.

Rodulf wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:01 pm I'm using Blue Cat Patchwork for VST3's. But it would be nice not to have to. BTW, just picked up MUX Modular, looking forward to MUX 9.
I too use Patchwork, but just for convenience I think it would be good getting vst3 working in Mulab/Mux. It will have to come , its just when Joe has time to sort it out.

mutools wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:23 am See the XY ParameterPad, XY MIDI Controller Pad and XY ModulationPad modiules. You can use them to create your morphing patches.
I tried with no luck
how can I morph these states with the current xy pads: (???)

State A - X1 Y1:
cut off =50%
res = 30%
reverb = 100%

State B - X2 Y1:
cut off = 25%
res = 87%
reverb = 20%

show me this and I'm sold. :)

heks wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:24 pm
Rodulf wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:01 pm I'm using Blue Cat Patchwork for VST3's. But it would be nice not to have to. BTW, just picked up MUX Modular, looking forward to MUX 9.
I too use Patchwork, but just for convenience I think it would be good getting vst3 working in Mulab/Mux. It will have to come , its just when Joe has time to sort it out.
the solution that is cheapest with most features (32 bit plugins can use in 64 bit and apple audio unit aax), and cost only around 50$ is metaplugin from ddmf https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

HarmonicD wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:30 pm ...
I tried with no luck
how can I morph these states with the current xy pads: (???)

State A - X1 Y1:
cut off =50%
res = 30%
reverb = 100%

State B - X2 Y1:
cut off = 25%
res = 87%
reverb = 20%

show me this and I'm sold. :)
Since the only difference between states A and B is the position of X, you don't really need the XY Pad for this; a knob or slider will do. But I guess you may want to use the Y-axis in the future, so I made an example with an XY Pad (see Mux in attachment). For now only the X-axis is implemented, but it's easy to add Y-axis functionality as well. All you have to do is apply some correctly set Modulation Mappers to the XY pad outputs.

By the way, I assumed X1 equals position X = 0% on the XY Pad and X2 equals position X = 100% on the XY Pad.

I hope this will do :)

001.PNG
002.PNG
003.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey dreammachine_nl!
Thanks for this example
nice workaround but seems like lots of extra work

I'm looking for something with better workflow where you can link one parameter to another quickly and save "snapshots" of different positions and then morph between these snapshots

possible ? :D

here is an example of what I try to get in mux:

Bidule is way too crashy for me... I really want to move to mux. I need away to use my tools or other tools that can do this job.

https://i.ibb.co/CnNWnx6/MORPHO.gif

Return to “MUTOOLS”