Abyss released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abyss

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:00 pm Where’s this?
On their main website, big banner should pop up when you open tracktion.com. Discount is applied automatically.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:00 pm
gondii wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:19 pm Haha, and the 40% discount is there already. Now do I wait for that 50% off? I have until September 7th to decide apparently.
Where’s this?
On the Tracktion homepage. No voucher or that, just put it into the cart.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:18 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:00 pm
gondii wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:19 pm Haha, and the 40% discount is there already. Now do I wait for that 50% off? I have until September 7th to decide apparently.
Where’s this?
On the Tracktion homepage. No voucher or that, just put it into the cart.
indeed, store wide by the way. tracktion has many times great sales. and like what they do; give, do you call it that way, independent developers a platform, like Dawesome, an Delta-V-Audo, and others, that deliver quite excellent, not-mainstream soft-synths.

and, sssssht, Abyss will acquire some more features, all within the same design philosophy, but sssht...
but the 'minimal' approach will stay, which makes Abyss, a pleasure to work with, and how more you work with it, you discover that it has quite a bandwidth. don't let the minimal approach fool you...

and the MPE implementation is great! made with and for MPE, but also works perfectly without MPE, most patches i make are MPE, sometimes i make non-MPE patches, and i am still surprised, and will be.

looking forward to updates - just purchased it

Can you restrict polyphony on this? I would buy this right now if you can make it monophonic or so voices cut each other off, which is a sound a really enjoy

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:49 pm Can you restrict polyphony on this? I would buy this right now if you can make it monophonic or so voices cut each other off, which is a sound a really enjoy
no, i don't know, by heart, how many voices, i think 15 or 16, i do MPE...

you can't restrict polyphony on Abyss, yet, it could be Feature Request...
sometimes it is indeed use, not for CPU, in this case, but for Sound Design..
as you already mention.

ask the developer, maybe he is reading this.

A showcase, sound brut... one instance of Abyss, played with MPE, a MPE patch from scratch, with a little support of Unfiltered Audio Silo (used in very traditional way....)...

sound brut; with all accidents, mastering only for soundcloud purposes.

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123/be-my-cold-knife

WasteLand wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:30 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:49 pm Can you restrict polyphony on this? I would buy this right now if you can make it monophonic or so voices cut each other off, which is a sound a really enjoy
no, i don't know, by heart, how many voices, i think 15 or 16, i do MPE...

you can't restrict polyphony on Abyss, yet, it could be Feature Request...
sometimes it is indeed use, not for CPU, in this case, but for Sound Design..
as you already mention.

ask the developer, maybe he is reading this.
I requested mono (with legato) mode as well. Developer is very responsive, I do suggest sending this request.

What a pleasant surprise !!
Edit: Really nice, adds a lot of sound design capability to an already awesome synth!!!

my previous post, i didn't mention it, was made already with the FM functionality, which indeed creates a bigger bandwidth.

Love that fm!

collider wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:13 pm Abyss updated.
It got FM now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2dLymCJd5A&t=75s
thank you for sharing this
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Is there a way to change polyphony yet(including monophonic)?

Monophony with legato could be very cool for weird sounding leads and basses, and the only thing keeping me from our having the synth.

FM is a nice addition to this unique instument. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”