Abyss released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abyss

WasteLand wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:01 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:15 pm Option to add our own samples + looping in a future update?
looping? it aren't samples. but that does not mean looping can be a thing. but in a way it already loops, when you hold a key, it 'loops', like a single cycle 'wave', or as an 'oscillator'.

but still; looping? how do you see it within Abyss, and i think in this thread there is some mention about.... but the developer himself can answer what Abyss is, and will not be...
...I'm just asking if we can import a sample and have the option to loop it instead of it just being a one shot sampler... That's if there's sample support in the future. Or even wavetable importing would be neat.

SeeingInMidi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:26 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:15 pm Option to add our own samples + looping in a future update?
looping? it aren't samples. but that does not mean looping can be a thing. but in a way it already loops, when you hold a key, it 'loops', like a single cycle 'wave', or as an 'oscillator'.

but still; looping? how do you see it within Abyss, and i think in this thread there is some mention about.... but the developer himself can answer what Abyss is, and will not be...
...I'm just asking if we can import a sample and have the option to loop it instead of it just being a one shot sampler... That's if there's sample support in the future.
It is not a sampler...
Instead it has a spectral engine. You could think of resynthesis of a sample into a spectral something. Not sure if will ever happen and why it should happen.

Cepheus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:34 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:26 pm

...I'm just asking if we can import a sample and have the option to loop it instead of it just being a one shot sampler... That's if there's sample support in the future.
It is not a sampler...
Instead it has a spectral engine. You could think of resynthesis of a sample into a spectral something. Not sure if will ever happen and why it should happen.
Never stated that it was a sampler, I was just asking for sampler support. Whatever synthesis method Abyss is using, if it's resynthesis, sampling or wavetable, some sort of user importing would be neat-o. Just a suggestion.

Abyss 1.2.5 contains a few fixes and a first step towards accessibility.

Just discovered this instrument and it's completely unique and awesome! Look forward to a sale in the near future.

Hello! I've just downloaded the free trial but I hear a lots of clicks every time a new midi note is triggered. Some times even in the middle of a long note. Problem is running across many presets. Worrking on a m1 laptop with ableton live 11.
What can be the issue?

Its running fine here on m1 with live 11. Wild guess: if you use an MPE controller make sure MPE mode is activated in Live 11.
Please contact me via mail: peter at dawesomemusic dot com

Good sale on currently , JRR shop has a great deal…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Huge discount at PluginBoutique till October 2nd (- 62%)

And two new Jovian expansions, Attack and Evolve.

Too cheap, it should be illegal for such a great synth…;-)

Wow that cheap- that said there hasn't been much din th way of updates any of the DAWSOME synths for a while?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:39 am Too cheap, it should be illegal for such a great synth…;-)
indeed!
SLiC wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:41 am Wow that cheap- that said there hasn't been much din th way of updates any of the DAWSOME synths for a while?
wait....

WasteLand wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:22 am
SLiC wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:41 am Wow that cheap- that said there hasn't been much din th way of updates any of the DAWSOME synths for a while?
wait....
I hope you know something, I have all 3 of them :wink:

Return to “Instruments”