Granite hanging notes

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had a search on the forum and it wonders me that nobody brought up hanging notes with Granite as a bug? Is this forum the place to bring up bugs?

From time to time i have a hanging note with granite, i'm using Ableton 10.1.35 and Bitwig 4 latest beta. I'm on windows 10 and use granite version v1.6807 Public Release

The hanging note happens with chords or single note pressings.

There is no way for me to reproduce it, it simply happens from time to time when playing notes.

By the way i had this issue with my novation impulse keyboard and now with my new novation SL MK3 keyboard. I have no issues with other instruments (VST's).

I have to add that there is also sometimes missing notes while playing.

So hanging notes and missing notes. I have no issues with other vsti's

Where should i submit this clear bug? When i look on the new sonic arts site nowhere there is a possibility to sent emails.

The Info page lists our contact emails, including technical support.

I'm tad sceptical if this is an actual bug however, having not heard of it before. Possibly it might be a misunderstanding of Granites monophonic envelope and the way it handles notes? Did you accidentally switch off Gate mode? Also, Granite isnt a polyphonic instrument in the traditional sense, the pressed notes are rotated and distributed to the polyphonic grains. If you pressed and released a note inbetween Grains triggers, you wouldnt hear that pitch, that could easily happen at very slow Space intervals.

But of course its possible there is a bug, please email the support email and provide further reproduction steps if you can.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:22 am The Info page lists our contact emails, including technical support.

Possibly it might be a misunderstanding of Granites monophonic envelope and the way it handles notes? Did you accidentally switch off Gate mode? Also, Granite isnt a polyphonic instrument in the traditional sense, the pressed notes are rotated and distributed to the polyphonic grains. If you pressed and released a note inbetween Grains triggers, you wouldnt hear that pitch, that could easily happen at very slow Space intervals.

But of course its possible there is a bug, please email the support email and provide further reproduction steps if you can.
That is a really confusing way a synth operates in my opinion. For me personally if you press a key you should hear that pitch no matter how you explain it. In the case of granite being monophonic instrument cut of the former pressed key then.

It also happens that i have from time to time hanging notes how do you explain that? That should not happen in any case. Releasing the pressed key should stop playing that note after its release setting has passed. Simple as that. With all of the keys no exceptions.

Really you should have a real closer look on the handling of the played notes, at this moment it is not robust.

In the meantime i will use granulator form ableton. I can not use granite in a live environment like this. And hope you can sort this out!

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”