Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:24 am
_morton_ wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:27 pm I'm not familiar with international laws

Clearly

There is no law or any legal restriction to use sounds from ROM because the sound itself isn't property - the company owner of the synth,doesn't own the sound

Wrong

everybody is free to use any sound

Wrong again

This sort of misinformation could get somebody into trouble.
in other cases i will admire such a moral standing,but unless you provide a solid arguments and information against my 'misinformation' you just tell a fairy tail for kids,where obviously i am the bad person pointing the reality - PLEASE share a link to a service or law,which could protect my sound for been used without authorization.
I am personally interested to use such....
You've never seen a copyright mark?

Oh dear, you really need to do some homework.

I am not sure you can copyright a sound, usually some form of EULA is agreed for use (just about anytime you install software) which restricts what you can do with the software. Sometimes when you buy a sound pack they include a 'terms of use' agreement but I am not sure how that stands legally, but clearly you shouldn't redistribute someone else's work without permission, and if it was something that was 'sold' ands you didn't 'buy it' you probably shouldn't be using it..but it is can of worms, like the people who 'sample' pre-sets and then sell them in sample based sound packs or clone hardware...maybe not 'illegal' but somehow doesn't seem right!

I wonder how everyone one feel if someone made a little program that let say Camel Audio Alchemy run as freeware on modern PC's (as it is no longer for sale or supported on the PC and camel Audio no longer exist, seems like very similar arguments)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Using version 1.2.19 , virus c rom loaded
The ampl. envelope seems to be broke , it doesn't do anything except the release which acts as a hold setting ;
Attack, decay do nothing
Edit , now it works , def a bug when choosing init patch , something the amp env is totally disregarded
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:03 am Using version 1.2.19 , virus c rom loaded
The ampl. envelope seems to be broke , it doesn't do anything except the release which acts as a hold setting ;
Attack, decay do nothing
Edit , now it works , def a bug when choosing init patch , something the amp env is totally disregarded
Have you tried the Using version 1.2.20 beta?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Bank A -Init- patch works ok here (1.2.20, Virus C 6.6).

For anyone struggling to find the beta 1.2.20 (its not obvious!) It's here: https://futurenoize.com/dsp56300/builds/master/beta/

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:30 am
vurt wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:35 pm sound designers are still like pet without name,woking almost for free

some maybe, others are making decent money. i know a couple who make "stupid amounts of cash"

it depends who and what you are designing sounds for.
and of course how good you are, and if you are doing interesting work.
seriously,share some of these names and their interesting work...if there is such outside your imagination...
are you serious? there are quite a few here on kvr alone, who run businesses doing "sound design for synths" as their full time job.
then there are in house sound designers working for specific companies.
then the big earners, do stuff for synths both soft and hard as well as for film or tv.

do you honestly believe im imagining a whole industry, of which you are a part? that's not logical at all.

_morton_ wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:33 am
_morton_ wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:27 pm I'm not familiar with international laws

Clearly

There is no law or any legal restriction to use sounds from ROM because the sound itself isn't property - the company owner of the synth,doesn't own the sound

Wrong

Wrong again

in other cases i will admire such a moral standing,but unless you provide a solid arguments and information against my 'misinformation' you just tell a fairy tail for kids,where obviously i am the bad person pointing the reality - PLEASE share a link to a service or law,which could protect my sound for been used without authorization.

You make my day - where did you heard this term 'copyright mark' - in case you haven't notice you are writing in a topic where people actually use ROM sounds - right or wrong it's subjective category,you just don't understand the matter i am touching...copyright mark on synthetic sound hahahha your imagination is strong,how exactly it works,like sticker you put it on top or what - i've got around 12-13 000 presets and would like to put such on each and every one of them,how to do it please educate me,i have no idea how this imaginary copyright mark could be used,applied or what,which service provide it,give something - service,company to contact,software to use - or just pose and PRETENCE:):):)..why no one use it if it's so simple and easy,haven't heard a sound designer to protect his work this way yet...

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:00 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:35 pm sound designers are still like pet without name,woking almost for free

some maybe, others are making decent money. i know a couple who make "stupid amounts of cash"

seriously,share some of these names and their interesting work...if there is such outside your imagination...
are you serious? there are quite a few here on kvr alone, who run businesses doing "sound design for synths" as their full time job.
then the big earners, do stuff for synths both soft and hard as well as for film or tv.

do you honestly believe im imagining a whole industry, of which you are a part? that's not logical at all.
exactly,never been industry,what i'm trying to discuss is the shocking fact that nobody ever care to provide tools for authorizing and protecting sound designers work - THE SOUND ITSELF...nevermind it's lost battle...

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:32 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:00 pm

exactly,never been industry,what i'm trying to discuss is the shocking fact that nobody ever care to provide tools for authorizing and protecting sound designers work - THE SOUND ITSELF...nevermind it's lost battle...
but that's a different issue to not being recognised.
sadly, we live in a time were even protected things are openly being used illegally, streaming sites offering the latest music and film and tv...
but the product still gets recognition, in the same way im suggesting, some sound designers also do. and there will always be legal users looking to support the arts, still buying records they could download for free, in the same way, some people still buy sound packs, when the same sounds are probably the next link in google, being offered free.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:14 pm
_morton_ wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:33 am

Clearly

Wrong

Wrong again

You make my day - where did you heard this term 'copyright mark' - in case you haven't notice you are writing in a topic where people actually use ROM sounds - right or wrong it's subjective category,you just don't understand the matter i am touching...copyright mark on synthetic sound hahahha your imagination is strong,how exactly it works,like sticker you put it on top or what - i've got around 12-13 000 presets and would like to put such on each and every one of them,how to do it please educate me,i have no idea how this imaginary copyright mark could be used,applied or what,which service provide it,give something - service,company to contact,software to use - or just pose and PRETENCE:):):)..why no one use it if it's so simple and easy,haven't heard a sound designer to protect his work this way yet...
OK, I'm out, I'll leave you to your fantasy.

(I'm assuming you have never heard of Google, and just assume every thought you have is a fact)

Good luck 👍

nevermind
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Gary Numan 'Are Friends Electric' story is enough about all sound protection - Gary enter the studio,find Moog synth played by somebody previously and use the settings for his song - the song and the sound become a massive hit and nobody cares about the guy before who made this beautiful sound."

Factually incorrect apart from it's true nobody really cares about people who make patches for synths that everyone who ever used one does without thinking about it twice.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:18 pm Gary Numan 'Are Friends Electric' story is enough about all sound protection - Gary enter the studio,find Moog synth played by somebody previously and use the settings for his song - the song and the sound become a massive hit and nobody cares about the guy before who made this beautiful sound.
Sorry if entire conversation go in negative direction,but that's the music world.
I'm dealing with sound design because it's my passion,sometimes even buy me new stuff for the studio,but beyond that it's christmas wishes.
Probably 1-2% of colleagues make enough for living with sound design only,but for the rest is passion and self improving.
To me is better not to be a 'business' cause gives me freedom to do whatever i want.
Money and inspiration are different paths,to me is just love to the music:)
Believe me i wish to have tool to register what i'm working last 4-5 years and to see it growing,companies using it and developing it further so on,but for now soft developers i reach are zero interested,maybe it's not worth it or it too innovative,don't know time will show the right way of releasing it,my suspicion is that nobody likes to be pushed especially from some east european guy claiming that every synth could be squeezed more than developer show to users :)
Anyway,it is what it is :)
You seem to have a real problem with facts.

Anyway, my point was ROM/sounds (as you specified)

As soon as anything is recorded, it is copyrighted.

D50 ROM? That's a no... get the idea?

ROMs that are just presets, that contain no recorded material, are prob not covered by copyright, which is why so many preset banks are released that contain the same old stuff, pretending to be new, as you know.

So to sumerise, any sound is not free to use by anyone, it may well be legally covered by a copyright.

I suggest you go back to this brand new technology you have discovered, and leave the legal stuff to people who know what they are talking about.

Aliens wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:25 pm "Gary Numan 'Are Friends Electric' story is enough about all sound protection - Gary enter the studio,find Moog synth played by somebody previously and use the settings for his song - the song and the sound become a massive hit and nobody cares about the guy before who made this beautiful sound."

Factually incorrect apart from it's true nobody really cares about people who make patches for synths that everyone who ever used one does without thinking about it twice.
The truth is, he went into the studio, saw the moog, played it and was impressed, and bought one.

So yeah, that poster is way off with his 'facts'

Return to “Instruments”