PopRock / Summertime - Vocals+Guitar Accomp.- Tape Rec. of 1999 - Composing Moment

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Composing moment of one of my first songs composed on the classical Guitar (+ My Vocals) ->
(Attention: The lyrics will probably let you have a hard laughtime...read below why..:DD

https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779/s ... ng-of-1999

Unfortunately, this Classical Guitar-tape recording of 1999 got a bit out of pitch over the years. (It was captured to the PC with a cassette-capture device + Audacity) Also, please give me credit for "wringlishing" it's incomplete lyrics, since I'm german and were just 20 years of age back then. (When I sang it, there were no lyrics existing, anything you hear, have been sing spontanously, without thinking about a sense (= like "Bullshit" singing style :D), thats why most of the lyrics make no sense at all...might be funny to hear for english 1st language speaking people, since I must have sang it out from the soul or something (cant really explain) Maybe someone can tell me about what I was singing there HAHA...I'm really curious to understand what kind of shit I was singing. btw 1999 was the year I was lerning my first chords on the guitar, which is, why you just hear a simple Accompaniment.

And since I'm planning a decent VST-Arrangement of my old composition 22 years later, (my mom always asked me for it) I need your help guys.. :wink: Please answer me at least one question..

Question1: To what kind of music style (including subgenre) this song might fit best for rearranging it with VST instruments in a DAW? (So far, it should be a "Pop Softrock Ballad" but what about influences of Latin, Reggae, Eurodance, Dance, Country Ballad or Folkpop for instance?)
Question2: Might it suit better if arranging it in a 6/8 time signature instead of a 4/4?
Question3: Which guitar plugin and effects /tweaking would your recommand, to get a decent, warm guitar sound, in particular, to get groovy Bassnotes with a warm timbre? (Like the picking style of Tarrega or Fernando Sor for ex.)
Question4 to 1st english speaking guys: About what the fu$$ I was singing there? Well, about summertime, birds are flying high, bla bla, but since my 'soul' or whatever might have spontanously thrown out some mystical and strange sentences as well, that not even myself can figure after 22 years, I'm curious, if some english/american guy, may figure more deeper, what the heck these words were meaning in its full context, as far as some of those sentences still make approximately a bit sense, even though not in a full context, considering the fact, that seemingly, most of the 'context' in terms to the lyrics meaningfulness makes approximately no sense at all, as you may have figured quickly, lol. :D

Question5: Did you also have had the feeling, that the recording was out of pitch?

kind regards from germany
GW

Answer1: Pop music of early 1960-s.
Answer2: 4/4 is good.
Answer3: Actually, there are a ton of decent sounding VSTis for your style.
Answer4: You sing a kind of abracadabra.
Answer5: That's good for a demo record. What are your concerns about?

Return to “Music Cafe”