Poll : Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Yes.
55%
No.
25%
I dont give a flying fish!
20%

Total votes: 116

RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:49 pm
Double Tap wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:38 pm I asked a question about options for Ableton users in another thread, but maybe this is the only one that counts....

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=578314</span>
I need to make some visuals for a gig of sorts and I'm trying to figure out the options for someone like me who is using Live.

There are things like Resolume which looks simple to pick up, but it's pretty pricey.

Then there are the three cheaper M4L packages that integrate into Live - Videosync, Ebosuite and Zwobot (the cheapest option). I like the idea of the integration, but there might be hidden technical issues that aren't obvious from watching tutorials.

I like the idea of the visuals responding to the music, but I could just try to throw some footage into DaVinci Resolve and just have it play out.

Key issues for me are reliability and ease of use, since I've got about a month and quite a lot to do.
dunno if this helps ..

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=566640</span>
Thanks Vurt - it's interesting to see someone using Live for video editing, but as someone else says, there's not a lot of point doing that when there are free video editing packages around like Resolve.

But I'm less interested in video editing and more interested in live video performance and visualisations that make video respond to music. I don't think Resolve can do that?

not that im aware of.

there have been a couple posted here, that will do visuals to music, but im not sure if they were realtime?

synthgeek in the cafe, has posted some videos, im sure he used something like that too?

Thanks again. If only there was a place in KVR where all this stuff was kept together in the same place to make it easy to find.

Double Tap wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:38 pm I asked a question about options for Ableton users in another thread, but maybe this is the only one that counts....

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=578314
I need to make some visuals for a gig of sorts and I'm trying to figure out the options for someone like me who is using Live.

There are things like Resolume which looks simple to pick up, but it's pretty pricey.

Then there are the three cheaper M4L packages that integrate into Live - Videosync, Ebosuite and Zwobot (the cheapest option). I like the idea of the integration, but there might be hidden technical issues that aren't obvious from watching tutorials.

I like the idea of the visuals responding to the music, but I could just try to throw some footage into DaVinci Resolve and just have it play out.

Key issues for me are reliability and ease of use, since I've got about a month and quite a lot to do.
I haven't watched these for a long time, and can't remember if Live does specifically what you want. This guy does do some cool stuff though. You can watch 5 videos for free, or just purchase the series you are interested in:

https://www.macprovideo.com/course/able ... with-video
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

next step for me, a projector i think.
project weird shit on the blank wall behind the synths while recording!!

or create weird visual feedback loops forever!!!!

FWIW, Imaginando Visual Synthesiser is a shade under 20EUR for today only...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:35 pm FWIW, Imaginando Visual Synthesiser is a shade under 20EUR for today only...
Good shout. A great addition to Resolume Avenue, particularly if you don't fancy forking out for Wire as well.

Yeah! iOS version also 80% off for only $3.99 usd!

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:35 pm FWIW, Imaginando Visual Synthesiser is a shade under 20EUR for today only...
cheers! :tu: instabuy without even demoing, then had lots of fun :lol:

Thank you! Happy I saw this… just bought. I tried the demo when this was mentioned before but couldn’t justify buying it. This is an easier pick up on both iOS & macOS. :party:

KvR could benefit from a YouTube channel (or similar) in which the stars of KvR teach techniques - synth programming, code, production, mixing, mastering, etc.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

From another thread:
Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:50 am Visual synthesizer is on sale again (70% off) here:

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-visual ... maginando/
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

gnu23 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:33 amKvR could benefit from a YouTube channel (or similar) in which the stars of KvR teach techniques - synth programming, code, production, mixing, mastering, etc.
That might be OK if the "stars" of KVR weren't all Brown Dwarfs, wandering the cosmos all but invisible to the rest of us. (That's right, racist and heightist. Sue me!)
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

white dwarf ftw!

games workshop in the hizzle!

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:34 am From another thread:
Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:50 am Visual synthesizer is on sale again (70% off) here:

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-visual ... maginando/
and is highly recommended 8)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”