Introducing Cherry Audio's Memorymode Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

D-Fusion wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:24 pm
Chipi wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:45 pm Guys, if I layer 6 VST like the Legend [ Minimoog ] from Synapse and edit sounds etc, shouldn't it sound like a Memorymoog [?], but in reality those 6 layered Legend synths together sound so much better than the Memorymode... 8) by Cherry Audio, 6 Minimoog together from Synapse, I don't have to spend another $39 for this replica that is nowhere near what the Minimoog were like, people will buy anything new that comes on the market... :lol:
Why would you need to layer 6 instances of legend when Legend is 8 Mini Moogs in one?
Also the Memorymoog/Mode has more sound shaping options than the Regular Minimoog and the Legend.

Thank you~!

Very nice synth with very low entry price 👌 Bought it yesterday and loved the character :)

EnGee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:20 pm Very nice synth with very low entry price 👌 Bought it yesterday and loved the character :)
Loved? Past tense? A one-night play? 8)

e-crooner wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:40 pm
EnGee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:20 pm Very nice synth with very low entry price 👌 Bought it yesterday and loved the character :)
Loved? Past tense? A one-night play? 8)
Maybe! :hihi: Let's play with it today and see if my desire still high ;)

Demoed. And uninstalled. Doesn't do it for me.
More BPM please

Installed. Demoed. Purchased. It does it for me.

Didn't need to demo. Bought, installed, loving every hour I get to play with it.

Wish I had time to go through every thread of synths I don't like, and let everyone know. :D

I didn't need to demo it either, I already knew I didn't want it. I don't have any of them, not even the free one. Nothing against them, I don't want anymore synth plugins, cheap or even free. :shrug:

wwjd wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:23 pm Wish I had time to go through every thread of synths I don't like, and let everyone know. :D
:roll:

Yet you seem to have the time to write about half of all posts in this thread.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:18 pm
wwjd wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:23 pm Wish I had time to go through every thread of synths I don't like, and let everyone know. :D
:roll:

Yet you seem to have the time to write about half of all posts in this thread.
That's why I don't have time! :p :D

Downloaded the demo. The regular patches sound good, messing with it to get the feedback and unique sounds a Memorymoog does exposes the high end noise and aliasing. It’s as CPU hungry as Diva on my machine without any ability to do over sampling like Lion, Diva etc. I really wish i liked it but to me it sounds like something that came out 20 years ago. Someone said Synapse are doing a Memorymoog too, so hopefully they nail it! :)

I went from having purchased it and liking it enough, to not really liking it anymore. I'm not the biggest fan of the real Memorymoog to begin with (when compared to some other Moogs), and there's a definite lack of strength/low-end with this plugin compared to Softube's Model D that I just can't overlook. Having both instruments loaded up in the same project, I'll try my best to get "the big Moog sound" I'm looking for on the Memorymode, and struggle with it for 5-10 mins. Then I'll play one note on Softube's plugin and be like "oh yeah that's just way better."

Just my opinion. But I'm suffering buyer's remorse.

The Memorymoog hardware itself doesn't sound as big and "moogy" as a minimoog, I've noticed. It doesn't have the low end oomph and it feels like there's something missing in the mids-high mids. It's not something I'd think of as a go-to for leads (or even basses although there are some really good bass presets in the softsynth), but that's just my personal opinion.

The Memorymoog hardware itself sounds almost softsynthy to me at times, kind of "papery" in the mids for lack of a better description, and the way the notes blend together in chords can sometimes sound messy. It's really good at some very specific stuff though. In the softsynth I need to "favorite" all the preset patches I like on memorymode and see if there's a common thread between them so I can better quantify what I specifically like about this synth when making my own patches.

never grasped the comparison of the Memory Moog to the old mini Moogs... Memory Mode doesn't sound as bassy as Diva, or Synapse Legend... yeah, and it was never designed to sound like a minimoog, but a MEMORY MOOG, which as people who know have stated over and over, is not like 6 minimoogs in a box. Why should MemoryMode sound like that? It shouldn't. It sound and program like a memory moog, and sound thinner, raspier, gnarlier, trashier... and it seems to excel at that and make tons of people happy it does that.
Nope, it does not sound like Diva. That's why I have Diva also. Memory Mode sounds great as is, and is a ton of fun to play with that poly monster, limited by it's existence from 1982.
Does it sound dated? It should since it is pushing 40 years old :D

Memory Moog uses Curtis chips, like Sequential Prophets and Pro-one. Minimoog uses discrete transistor based circuits. There were two different minimoog oscillator boards, the "early" and "late" boards. The later boards were designed to be less drifty and many feel they over-all sound different. Moog always claimed the two boards sound the same and the difference was in less drift. But many mini owners claim later boards sound "less powerful" than the early boards and it's not just drift related.

I have a 1976 minimoog here and I have both boards and prefer the early board. I wish the emulation devs would specify which board they emulated. I am pretty sure the Model 72 from Softube is the only one that emulates the early boards, but I am guessing based on how it sounds.
Last edited by plexuss on Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”