Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:44 pm
Fornicras wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:01 pm I bought a Keylab 88 MKII just today from a local distributor, it said it has V Collection 7 and Pigments inside as a gift. Is it really correct or do they mean the few plugins (Piano and some other 2 analog synth software) as V Collection 7?

If it's really V Collection 7, will it be version 7 or the latest one, as I bought it today?

Can't wait to try it out at home tonight.
That's an amazing deal! No, it should mean that both V Collection and Pigments are free.

Ideally, it should be the latest version, that is, V Collection 9. You can drop an email to Arturia support before registering it to make sure it is VC9, and if not, request them to make it VC9!

You don't want to be 2 versions behind, especially when you have the opportunity to get on to the latest version for free (rather than spending money later to upgrade). Use it to your benefit! :tu:
Hi,

The reseller I bought the keyboard handled the Arturia's side.
This morning I saw that they gave my account V Collection 8, it's okay, I was expecting V Collection 7 in the first place but I think I should get the latest version, if I contact Arturia about this will they update it for me free?

If not, when does Arturia make sales for upgrade prices? Currently, it's shown as $200 to upgrade to V9, which is too much I think.
Last edited by Fornicras on Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fornicras wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:38 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:44 pm
Fornicras wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:01 pm I bought a Keylab 88 MKII just today from a local distributor, it said it has V Collection 7 and Pigments inside as a gift. Is it really correct or do they mean the few plugins (Piano and some other 2 analog synth software) as V Collection 7?

If it's really V Collection 7, will it be version 7 or the latest one, as I bought it today?

Can't wait to try it out at home tonight.
That's an amazing deal! No, it should mean that both V Collection and Pigments are free.

Ideally, it should be the latest version, that is, V Collection 9. You can drop an email to Arturia support before registering it to make sure it is VC9, and if not, request them to make it VC9!

You don't want to be 2 versions behind, especially when you have the opportunity to get on to the latest version for free (rather than spending money later to upgrade). Use it to your benefit! :tu:
Hi,

This morning I saw that they gave my account V Collection 8, it's okay, I was expecting V Collection 7 in the first place but I think I should get the latest version, if I contact Arturia about this will they update it for me free?

If not, when does Arturia make sales for upgrade prices? Currently, it's shown as $200 to upgrade to V9, which is too much I think.

Edit: Saw the earlier messages, I will ask Arturia if it's possible to update it for free.
On the reseller website, it said V7 but they gave me V8 instead. I bought the keyboard for about $1100 btw, which might be considered a bargain, normally it is around $1300-1400 due to high taxes.
Yeah, V Collection 8 is still much better. Doesn't hurt to check with Arturia support though.

If they say no, just wait for the upgrade price to go down to $99 or $149.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:12 amIf they say no, just wait for the upgrade price to go down to $99 or $149.
Yup. There's at least a couple of big sales every year, and you have more than enough to be going on with in the meantime Fornicras!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

On their website I see that they now have a sale for 50% off individual plugins.
https://www.arturia.com/products#softwa ... ts-effects

Yeah, that sale was coming. The bundles are always the best value though, even if you end up using few synths/effects and especially considering that bundles can be grabbed for considerably cheaper than their retail price. I wonder who buys individual instruments/effects. Maybe OK for one or at best two, but definitely not worth it for anything more than that. And even if you just get one, ultimately you will be tempted by Arturia with a sweet and irresistible deal to upgrade to V Collection/FX Collection.

I’m thinking many people will probably get Pigments at that sale price.

Hi,

Waiting for a sale on the upgrade from VC8 myself.

Currently the upgrade from VC8 > VC9 is $299 (USD) in my account. VC9 full price $599.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Examigan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:42 am On their website I see that they now have a sale for 50% off individual plugins.
https://www.arturia.com/products#softwa ... ts-effects
And a 50% sale on soundbanks :party:

Examigan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:17 pm I’m thinking many people will probably get Pigments at that sale price.
Crossgrade was $49 a year ago and included the Spectrum 4-part preset pack.

zzz00m wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:01 pm
Hi,

Waiting for a sale on the upgrade from VC8 myself.

Currently the upgrade from VC8 > VC9 is $299 (USD) in my account. VC9 full price $599.
@LoveEnigma18
I still haven't received a reply from Arturia, hope they do the upgrade for free!
I will wait until the upgrade price reaches $99 otherwise, just like you said.
What I have is more than enough already, I was thinking of buying Pigments for too long, it's awesome that I got it with the keyboard.

The only thing I need from Arturia is Jun-6 Chorus FX now, which is on sale for $49 right now, I might get it. Chorus module on Jun-6 synth sounds amazing, so I think it's the same as that one.
Last edited by Fornicras on Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just noticed this:
I already have Analog Lab Lite and the latest full version 5, but it says in my account I could upgrade to AL5 for $39, so others may see a similar deal. It seems like it shouldn't offer it to me if I already have it (it's part of V Collection 9) but that's OK. :)

Fornicras wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:06 pm
The only thing I need from Arturia is Jun-6 Chorus FX now, which is on sale for $49 right now, I might get it.
Arturia gave away the Chorus Jun-6 as a freebie a while back.

You might want to check the KVR Sell & Buy forum for that one.

Such as this listing for $10. viewtopic.php?p=8465132&hilit=chorus+jun+6#p8465132
Windows 10 and too many plugins

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:01 am Yeah, that sale was coming. The bundles are always the best value though, even if you end up using few synths/effects and especially considering that bundles can be grabbed for considerably cheaper than their retail price. I wonder who buys individual instruments/effects. Maybe OK for one or at best two, but definitely not worth it for anything more than that. And even if you just get one, ultimately you will be tempted by Arturia with a sweet and irresistible deal to upgrade to V Collection/FX Collection.
My wishlist is currently: prophet, op-xa, jun-6, matrix 12... so obviously best would be to wait on the collection sale.

Is there any benefit in future upgrade pricing by picking up one of these instruments during this sale? If I pickup prophet now at $99 or OP-XA at $74, will I see a significantly lower upgrade price in the fall?

Currently own: FX Collection 3, Pigments, Augmented Strings (Full), Mini V3, Stage 73 V2

Examigan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:17 pm I’m thinking many people will probably get Pigments at that sale price.
Yes, Pigments makes sense since it is not a part of any bundle.

gmcerveny wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:14 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:01 am Yeah, that sale was coming. The bundles are always the best value though, even if you end up using few synths/effects and especially considering that bundles can be grabbed for considerably cheaper than their retail price. I wonder who buys individual instruments/effects. Maybe OK for one or at best two, but definitely not worth it for anything more than that. And even if you just get one, ultimately you will be tempted by Arturia with a sweet and irresistible deal to upgrade to V Collection/FX Collection.
My wishlist is currently: prophet, op-xa, jun-6, matrix 12... so obviously best would be to wait on the collection sale.

Is there any benefit in future upgrade pricing by picking up one of these instruments during this sale? If I pickup prophet now at $99 or OP-XA at $74, will I see a significantly lower upgrade price in the fall?

Currently own: FX Collection 3, Pigments, Augmented Strings (Full), Mini V3, Stage 73 V2
I am not sure on that, but I guess the upgrade price would be higher in that case than those having previous V Collection, Pigments, or FX Collection. So, since you own already FXC 3 and Pigments, you could get a nice "crossgrade discount" offer at some point. The wait could be a bit longer though as V Collection 9 is still new.

Alternatively, you could buy a used copy of an older V Collection and then upgrade during a sale.

Return to “Instruments”