Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Danno wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:27 am Martiu; Can you say why you like the Emu emu? I don't really get the point beyond whatever subtle colouration they have built in. Enlighten me.
martiu wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:39 pm Any fans of Emulator V here? not a lot of talk for that great multitimbral sampler, it is my personal favorite from the collection, Buchla second place.
I like the ability to make complex patches with all the different layers and effects per layer, tuning every sample the way you want to get a a complex evolving patch (i love pads and drones)
:)
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:56 am
Danno wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:27 am Martiu; Can you say why you like the Emu emu? I don't really get the point beyond whatever subtle colouration they have built in. Enlighten me.
martiu wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:39 pm Any fans of Emulator V here? not a lot of talk for that great multitimbral sampler, it is my personal favorite from the collection, Buchla second place.
I like the ability to make complex patches with all the different layers and effects per layer, tuning every sample the way you want to get a a complex evolving patch (i love pads and drones)
How is that different from any sampler? Seems like just a basic sampler to me. Would have been nice if they'd included timestretch like in the mellotron.

Every workflow is different obviously.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:09 pm
How is that different from any sampler? Seems like just a basic sampler to me. Would have been nice if they'd included timestretch like in the mellotron.
make a list
aliasing plugin owner

martiu wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:29 pm
make a list
A list of what?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:45 pm
martiu wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:29 pm
make a list
A list of what?
of good samplers like Emulator V, i am new to samplers and want to explore more, thanks
aliasing plugin owner

martiu wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:00 pm of good samplers like Emulator V, i am new to samplers and want to explore more, thanks
Oh I see, sure.

-I like the Bitwig Sampler, but obviously that's just Bitwig.
-Kontakt does it all but the interface is kind of annoying, it needs a redesign that is resizable.
-Halion is another very powerful one btu a complex non-scalable interface like Kontakt.
-Tal Sampler is cool, multi-sampler and also has a cool retro stretch. Nice interface, touch friendly.
-Nuance by NewSonicArts is nice. Has a drum pad layout as well as keys layout. They are adding timestretch in an upcoming update. Combined with freestyle you can also make automatic multi-sampled version of plugins into Nuance. Has some per voice effects too.

Those would probably be my top picks for multi-sampling (and all have or will have some form of stretch), htough I don't have Halion, I have the others.

Most DAWs have a sampler nowadays, right?

Even Vital plays samples.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

EnGee wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:05 pm Most DAWs have a sampler nowadays, right?
Think so. I’ve been meaning to explore the one in Studio One.
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

What do you think they will announce in the new event? I don't think it will be software.

Too bad I bought Keylab 88 MK2 about 2 months ago, I'm almost sure that they will release MK3.

Fornicras wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:50 am What do you think they will announce in the new event? I don't think it will be software.

Too bad I bought Keylab 88 MK2 about 2 months ago, I'm almost sure that they will release MK3.
An Arturia representative recently answered me on social media that KeyLab MK3 was not coming soon, but looking at the event info, there should be some new hardware announced for sure. Have KeyLab MK2 for a while now, so it would be very interesting to see if they do announce KeyLab MK3 and if it is worth an upgrade. I can understand your disappointment in that case though.

Personally, I'm only interested in either an excellent midi controller that is better than Keylab MKII (49 and 61 keys) or a software synth like Kawai K5 emulation or Pigments 4 maybe. However, my guess it is a hardware digital synth like Waldorf Iridium.

Either the 'Super Freak' (with real keys) or a Feak based digital drum machine...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They will have a super MPE controller nobody had in mind and all plugins not only support MPE, the come with tons of MPE presets. Not a single one with any LFO modulation… (Just woke up…; - )

Return to “Instruments”