Available now: Tone2 Saurus4 analog synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

rezoneight wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm What I do want is a native version of my plugins now that we are 2+ years into the Apple Silicon transition.
Did you happen to miss the latest release notes for the Mac version?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:09 pm
rezoneight wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm What I do want is a native version of my plugins now that we are 2+ years into the Apple Silicon transition.
Did you happen to miss the latest release notes for the Mac version?
I did not as they are in the post I responded to ;) Markus released a beta 3.2 back in May that was M1-native and I've been using that since then (I commented about the AU not working back in May near the top of page 14). My comment was a general one about my expectations from the companies I am supporting with my money, not about Saurus 3.2 in particular.

So you spent a few bucks at Tone2? Do you think that entitles you to be that disrespectful of a generous, straight shooting developer? IMHO Markus deserves a bit more respect!

Plus, you have your native plugin now, so your timing with your rant is a bit off... or do you just desire to bite the hand that feeds you?

The entitlement of Apple users. A never ending story.

You know what? I think developers shouldn't make their plugins cross platform. Let them calculate the costs for each platform, and charge the users accordingly, so none of us Windows users have to pay for these whiny bleeding edge tech users.

Apple users can afford Mac computers, so they can afford more expensive plugins as well. :P

Thank you Markus for the M1 support :) I don't have M1 currently but I might have M2 in the future if their prices are reasonable and give more value than intel/AMD laptops.

Most of the developers don't charge cross platform plugins or DAWs. While you can't buy MS Office for Windows and get one for a Mac! So, that is very appreciated for people working on two platforms (mainly Mac OS, M1 and Windows). It is not an easy thing especially for a quality product, so nice words encouraging is the less we can do IMO.

I'm 100% sure if Markus would sell his plugins platform specific, the angry crowd here would overwhelm Tone2 threads with very negative comments! So, I don't think it is a wise competitive decision. But Markus is free to run his business the way he wants :)

Many thanks Markus!
Your hard work is really much appreciated.

zzz00m wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:57 pm So you spent a few bucks at Tone2? Do you think that entitles you to be that disrespectful of a generous, straight shooting developer? IMHO Markus deserves a bit more respect!

Plus, you have your native plugin now, so your timing with your rant is a bit off... or do you just desire to bite the hand that feeds you?
The hand that feeds me? I'm the hand. The customer is the hand. Not the other way around. There are 5 billion other options out there (many of which I also own). I've spent a bit more than a few bucks with Tone2 over the years tho.

Disrespectful? **snort**. Not sure you understand what the term means. There was nothing disrespectful in what I said. Blunt? Maybe. There was no name calling or insults. Not to mention I told Markus to charge more (AND that *I* would be willing to pay an upgrade fee for the work he did). But you're a funny...whatever. Thanks for playing. You can go back to your sandbox now.
Last edited by rezoneight on Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:03 pm The entitlement of Apple users. A never ending story.

You know what? I think developers shouldn't make their plugins cross platform. Let them calculate the costs for each platform, and charge the users accordingly, so none of us Windows users have to pay for these whiny bleeding edge tech users.

Apple users can afford Mac computers, so they can afford more expensive plugins as well. :P
Who are you referring to with this "entitlement" nonsense? Yourself? Had you been following the discussion you'd have learned that you Windows users haven't paid a cent for any of it because he hasn't charged for it. So what is your beef exactly? You did read the part where he spent a lot of time on VST3 support right? That wasn't for Macs.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:28 pm
zzz00m wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:57 pm So you spent a few bucks at Tone2? Do you think that entitles you to be that disrespectful of a generous, straight shooting developer? IMHO Markus deserves a bit more respect!

The hand that feeds me? I'm the hand. The customer is the hand. Not the other way around. There are 5 billion other options out there (many of which I also own). I've spent a bit more than a few bucks with Tone2 over the years tho.

Disrespectful? **snort**. Not sure you understand what the term means. There was nothing disrespectful in what I said. Blunt? Maybe. There was no name calling or insults. Not to mention I told Markus to charge more. But you're a funny...whatever. Thanks for playing. You can go back to your sandbox now.
:dog:

he spent a lot of time on VST3 support on PC right? That wasn't for Macs.
That's not true. VST3 is not limited to PC. They have been released earlier on PC as we wanted to make sure that everything works as expected before we port a very complex new feature to another platform.
We always properly test our software before we give it out to a large number of users.

----------------
References:

https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2958.0
Download link: https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_Elec ... c_beta.pkg

"This is a beta that still can contain bugs. It includes a VST3 version and a standalone for Mac (M1 native and Intel)."

-----------------

https://www.tone2.com/warlock.html

System requirements
Mac: macOS 10.12 or higher/ macOS 11 / macOS 12 / macOS 13
Supported formats: VST 3
Native support for 64bit Intel and M1 and M2

--------------------

VST3 versions for Mac will be released this year for the rest of the synthesizers. The updates will be available for free.
We do not prefer PC or Mac customers. When an update is pc or mac only this always has technical reasons.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:33 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:03 pm The entitlement of Apple users. A never ending story.

Who are you referring to with this "entitlement" nonsense? Yourself?
How? I didn't complain that the M1 native versions take oh so long.

Especially when you actually got your M1 native version, and still complain about things which are written in the release notes. Entitlement pure.

Anyone else experiencing crashes in Logic

Open an existing project. Load an instance of Saurus, play a sound it's fine. Load a new sound and it's instantly crashes forcing Logic to stop.

This is the M1 version and latest version of Logic on MacBook Air M1.

rezoneight wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pmMarkus as a customer I don't care about whatever issues you have with Apple. What I do want is a native version of my plugins now that we are 2+ years into the Apple Silicon transition.
Why should this be Markus's problem, when it only exists because Apple treat everyone like dirt? If you want to complain, complain to Apple that they have done this shit to you and Markus and everyone else. Because, honestly, the fact that you put up with Apple's bullshit makes me believe that you just have to be a moron because no normal person would put up with being treated like that. Or, better still, blame yourself for backing the wrong horse and fix the problem by ending your clearly abusive relationship with a company that treats everyone like shit.

I think it's great that Markus speaks up about it, it's the only way that anything wil ever change.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

EnGee wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:01 pm
I'm 100% sure if Markus would sell his plugins platform specific, the angry crowd here would overwhelm Tone2 threads with very negative comments! So, I don't think it is a wise competitive decision.
Why would PC owners (who are the majority) care what a bunch of Apple users think about a developer who is making PC compatible VSTs?
I remember the good old days of the Amiga vs the Atari ST, the Amiga was clearly superior in every way, but because so many people had bought the Atari ST, we Amiga users had to put up with crappy games that were crippled in order to make them work on the less powerful Atari ST, so games that were Amiga only, and therefore took advantage of its extra power (like smooth scrolling, for example, which was very commonly used in games on other platforms that could cope with it) were few and far between.
In this case, developers have to waste time developing for a second platform which is completely unnecessary in the modern world - Apple computers are for people who don't understand how computers work, can't build a computer, have no idea what is inside the box, think it's just 'magic', and think an Apple computer will magically be easier to use than a PC.
And don't get me started on the inability to upgrade Apple products... basic things like adding more RAM, changing the hard drive, etc.... Watch this video - Louis Rossman knows what he's talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

Here are some of the comments from under the video from Youtube:

The People: "You're just selling us the same shit every year"
Apple: "Yes, but every year, it'll be a little more expensive"

How many Apple cult members does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, it's a proprietary light bulb only serviceable under the protection plan by a certified Apple Technician.

Apple.
Yesterday's technology
At tomorrow's prices

BenfordLaw wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:34 am
EnGee wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:01 pm
I'm 100% sure if Markus would sell his plugins platform specific, the angry crowd here would overwhelm Tone2 threads with very negative comments! So, I don't think it is a wise competitive decision.
Why would PC owners (who are the majority) care what a bunch of Apple users think about a developer who is making PC compatible VSTs?
Well, maybe you are right! Users that use one platform are much more than those who use two OSes I think.

Anyway, it is not up to us! It is up to Markus and his team to decide. I wouldn't like to be in his shoes! So many formats to support! So many effort is wasted on solving problems related to these formats (worst in Apple because they have AU format in addition to the VST/AAX!) instead of spending the time on DSP programming and polishing new ideas and algorithms!

Return to “Instruments”