Cinematic Electronic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Annnnd, last thing from me.
This is another project/band I'm working on with an acoustic drummer. I want to do some kind of electronic cinematic music, probably with accompanying visualizations when we play live.
This is just half the song, but I thought I'd share it now because I'm pretty pleased with where it's heading. I was kind of trying to be Lorn meets Pink Floyd.

https://soundcloud.com/anelectricheart/song-1

This is a very different direction for you and it is very good. Looking forward to seeing how this develops. :tu:

An enjoyable, intriguing listen with lots of strong musical elements... Look forward to the full version.

'cinematic music'... I do know what you mean, but the truth is that absolutely any piece of music can be cinematic if it joins up with the 'right' bit of film.

From around 30 secs + to 50 secs +...

The soaring high synth grated a little in terms of it's intonation... Yeah, I'm more sensitive than most to these issues, but others noticed it as well. Hard to tell exactly what the issue is, but from the fact that I can hear a sense of more than one layer of tuning it might be detuning settings or a pitch shifter of some sort?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:41 am An enjoyable, intriguing listen with lots of strong musical elements... Look forward to the full version.

'cinematic music'... I do know what you mean, but the truth is that absolutely any piece of music can be cinematic if it joins up with the 'right' bit of film.

From around 30 secs + to 50 secs +...

The soaring high synth grated a little in terms of it's intonation... Yeah, I'm more sensitive than most to these issues, but others noticed it as well. Hard to tell exactly what the issue is, but from the fact that I can hear a sense of more than one layer of tuning it might be detuning settings or a pitch shifter of some sort?
Cheers! I'd just watched 2001 and Blade Runner, so I was trying to do something that's a song, but could also be a sci-fi score.
Yes, the loud/chorus part has problems. I think I just need to simplify and pull some bits out, there's 5 or 6 stacked synths in there. It sounded great on my monitors, but when I played in back from Soundcloud on my laptop it sounds like a mess. And it's possibly over-compressed too, I always just do a very quick mastering job before putting it on Soundcloud. :dog:

so far so good. very juicy analog and the brass is nice n growl-y.
drums are rockin, i'm intrigued by it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”